Hemi Truck Club banner
21 - 40 of 75 Posts

·
Greg
20,062 Posts
You have become the go-to guy for 03-05 pcm swap. Well done!

·
Chris
2,118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Of course I can’t take much credit for this, I was late to the party of the swap. Several other members on here had the swap done for quite awhile. I just took the time to write this up and post the pics in one place.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Of course I can’t take much credit for this, I was late to the party of the swap. Several other members on here had the swap done for quite awhile. I just took the time to write this up and post the pics in one place.
For sure man thank you all for the help just got the pcm in and hooked up my scanner havent finished the 02s and still need to figure out how to hook my ignition up to a toggle switch (Hotwire ) originally what happened was i lost my only key lol so figured screw it this is my weekend Wheeler so dont really need a key and tryed to bypass it and had Skim problems etc.. and been wanting to swap to the 05 ecm anyways so now im security free just having a tough time with this anyone got any tips heres the diagram with the pinouts

Attachments

·
Greg
20,062 Posts
I don't know anything about skim so you need to do your own research. But the skim module is seperate from the pcm located pn the steering column. This module needs to be removed prior to installing your new pcm otherwise it activates the security system within the pcm. I may be wrong but reading it seems to lead in that direction. This is going to be interesting.

·
Greg
20,062 Posts
Well done...

Reactions: trillwizzard

·
Greg
20,062 Posts
Excellent, did it sound good and heat cycle like should?

·
Registered
34 Posts
YEAH one problem tho im getting a po841 code thinking it has something to do with the connector 4 pinouts also i hjave an extra 15 or so wires any clues im taking pics now

·
Chris
2,118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
Sounds like you missed a wire. I hope you tagged your wires meticulously, it helps when you trouble shoot. Are the extra wires still attached to the tcm plug? When I did mine, I went through both plugs and tagged all the wires I needed with electricians number stickers. Then when it came time to cut and solder, all I did was match the numbers up and solder. But there are a bunch of left over wires on the old tcm plug that don’t get used.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Wires fixed for Trans

i have something up with my 02s now ha runs good though heres my codes i cut the rear 02s as i have hp tuners yet cant get that too work yet either but can hook up with my scanner

Attachments

·
Registered
124 Posts
ill translate for you

pcm
p0152 o2 sensor 2/1 circuit high
p0131 o2 sensor 1/1 circuit low
p0058 o2 sensor 2/2 heater circuit high
p0038 o2 sensor 1/2 heater circuit high

abs
left front sensor open
mismatched vin

srs
active driver squib circuit #1\open
stored driver squib circuit #1\open
active passenger squib circuit #1\open
stored passenger squib circuit #1\open
stored passenger squib circuit #1\short
active airbag warning indicator\short
stored airbag warning indicator\short
stored loss of ignition\run\start
stored cluster message\mismatch
active module not configured\for sab
stored module not configured\for sab
stored interrogate left/siacm <not sure on that last one
stored interrogate right/siacm <not sure on that last one

·
Registered
34 Posts
sorry guys ive been super busy yeah that was correct ive sinced rewired the entire harness to delete abs im actually going to start a thread on this right now youll need hp tuners and at very least to get rid of skim

·
Truck of the year 2014
642 Posts
In the middle of this swap at the moment, first of all thanks for the write up!!

I don't have a spare C4 plug with pins so I'm scavenging pins from the other connectors, I'm running the T56 transmission and have the airco deleted, just wanted to double check with you guys if I can scavenge the following pins:

- C3 6: condenser fan relay, since i have no more condensor or fan this one should be safe to remove?

- C3 11: AC clutch relay control, again no more ac condenser so safe to remove i guess?

- C3 22: PTO switch sense, this one is alreay disconnected, the wire is cut off, I probably did this myself but can't for the life of me remember why i did this, probably one of those weird tricks to get the 03 pcm to behave. Can I use this pin or should I reconnect this now that I'm switching to the 05 pcm?

- any other pin i can remove since i'm not running the oem automatic gearbox?

Thanks.

·
Greg
20,062 Posts
Christof, wish you would of said something. I could send you a old plug. You should be safe using those pins.

Reactions: ric3xrt

·
Registered
95 Posts
Does anybody know how to find the female pins that are in the plugs. I searched everywhere for an 05 plug for miles. I’m stuck. Cant find the connector pins anywhere either that I need.

·
Chris
2,118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #40 ·
You can get the pins or plugs off any 03-08 ram, or even the chargers, challengers, magnums or 300’s with similar pcm’s. I believe all the pcm’s are basically the same physical structure. Only reason getting the 05 pcm green plug is because it’s the exact pin out that you want. But you can adapt another plug and add pins. Even reuse your 03 connector and steal pins off any of those year connectors

21 - 40 of 75 Posts