Hemi Truck Club banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The truck is a 2003 QC 2wd lightly modified. It has Flowtech shorty headers, Magnaflow high flow cat, Thrush welded muffler with dual outs, a 91 octane tune courtesy of Charged392 for hooking me up with a Flashpaq; thank you charged, Airaid Jr., and I went from a single coil tower to dual towers.

Just recently I had 4.10s install in the rear.

I was able to pick up a 45rfe for around 450 with 67000 miles; on my 300k+ truck that basically a brand new transmission. That was a few things I was thinking of doing before installing the trans. One of the things was getting an upgraded pump, and put the oversized spring in it, putting a transgo shift kit, and then I was thinking about changing the torque converter.

When I was looking the torque converters up I saw a low stall (1800-2000), and med (2000-2400). I think I am currently running 1800~ish, and the trans that I am getting was behind a 4.7. So I have no clue where that stall is at; I am not having any issues with my torque converter now. My rpms stay stable on the highway. I am replacing the trans because I am having a whine come in at low rpms. It's very hit and miss, but when it does start I can put it in neutral, and make it whine. So I am thinking its the pump.

It would be cheaper for me overall to just replace the pump, but my thinking is that the trans with 67,000 miles it should more friction material on the clutches.

Thoughts?

·
David
2,242 Posts
Where you cammed or anything? I am not doing anything engine wise until I am able to do the PCM swap. So right now I just looking for a little more. I did do a relearn just yesterday, which helped.
I installed the converter before the heads and cam were installed. It worked great before and after.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts