Hemi Truck Club banner

Working on the Magnum....

3K views 16 replies 7 participants last post by  NewBlue 
#1 ·
Just about finished with the hood stripe on the Magnum. Check it out! Still have a few minor details before I clear it and pinstripe it but it coming along beautifully....

Attachments

See less See more
#5 ·
:thumb::beerchug: Looks like its coming along great!

#6 ·
Thanks guys. Cleared it today. Hoping to get it finished this week. The rest is going to be flat black with an old school logo on the passenger corner....not going to state what it is yet, but I will give you a hint.....think Duster.....;). Started working on the tailgate tonight...all the bodywork is pretty much done on the body of the car itself. Just have to do some final sanding and primer, then paintwork will begin....
not wanting to put the car back together until the paintwork is finished.

#8 ·
Nope....painted the rest of the hood flat black today...was too late to get any good pictures, so I will take them tomorrow. Also finished body work on lift gate, and put down first coat of paint on it...will finish it up tomorrow also....then I will start the custom work on it and pinstripe the hood.

#9 ·
Sorry guys, been working my tail off on this car. Body is all in primer now, all the little door dings,nicks in paint,etc, fixed....got to sand the whole car down this week and paint it. Wore out from this weekend so I will probably take a day or two before I start back on it...all that sanding wears your arm out!

#14 ·
UPDATE: Finished painting my tribute to Ed Roth on the Lift Gate tonight...what do you guys think? Designed it myself...painted it myself...time consuming job I tell you...took about 4 hours to paint it..time to go to :sleep:

Attachments

#16 ·
Update: After busting my tail for 3 days straight until midnight or later, broke a suspension part on first test. Apparently the rear K member mount bolt nut is stripped out and it won't tighten up, and it tweaked the rear suspension and broke my trailing arm. Unfortunately, I can't get a new one before SEMA, so the car will not make it. Not taking a broken car to the greatest car show in the world! Maybe I will take it next year.

#17 ·
Bummer.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.