Hemi Truck Club banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yow....Happy 2012....need your inputs.

Got a 2006 sport 4X4 with 55K
Since 2-3 weeks I got a "wobble" when hitting brake @ 50-60 MPH. Also with lower speeds steeringwheel and car is vibrating when brake is applied. Changed the wheels from front to rear in cross patern(to see if it where the rims)and checked (dismantled) brake calliper and pads, all seems to be fine and in good working condition. Also had a dial gage on both sides of the rotors, with not more as 0,1 and 0,15 deviation on the rotor. Could this really give this big "wobbling" effect? Rotors/Pads are OE.
If yes....my options are Raybestos or Formel/brembo rotors but not sure if I should go for the drilled/slotted ones or the massive ones. Your experiences are welcome.
If anyone has more idea's where this vibration/wobbling could come from....please!!!

Hope to see your comments!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Yow....Happy 2012....need your inputs.

Got a 2006 sport 4X4 with 55K
Since 2-3 weeks I got a "wobble" when hitting brake @ 50-60 MPH. Also with lower speeds steeringwheel and car is vibrating when brake is applied. Changed the wheels from front to rear in cross patern(to see if it where the rims)and checked (dismantled) brake calliper and pads, all seems to be fine and in good working condition. Also had a dial gage on both sides of the rotors, with not more as 0,1 and 0,15 deviation on the rotor. Could this really give this big "wobbling" effect? Rotors/Pads are OE.
If yes....my options are Raybestos or Formel/brembo rotors but not sure if I should go for the drilled/slotted ones or the massive ones. Your experiences are welcome.
If anyone has more idea's where this vibration/wobbling could come from....please!!!

Hope to see your comments!

Attachments

·
Registered
40,856 Posts
Sounds like warped rotors... and if the truck has 55K miles and those rotors have never been replaced - then it's time

Choices of new rotors are many - just don't buy OE

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Good day Mr.Hemi!

You were right.....replaced rotors. But the only thing I could get my hands on were Brasilian made OE(? not sure but that what says on the packaging)rotors (or I had to buy the Raybestos...made in China-NOWAY). Anyway all fine now! BUT I AM STILL LOOKING FOR A RELIABLE AFTERMARKET PARTS SALES ADDRESS IN THE US! I already have a Bongo account. Want to get fender flares, wind sheelds, cold air intake, stuff like that!

Looking forward to your replies!

Regards from Holland,

Jan

·
Greg
19,956 Posts
Welcome, well done on the repair. Warped rotors are pretty common on these trucks.

·
Registered
40,856 Posts
Glad that was it and you got it fixed! Check out Duane at 3rd Strike (ad banner in above header) - he should have everything you need

·
Board of Directors
25,097 Posts
The front rotors warped on my '05 just a few thousand miles after I bought it. The dealership replaced them under warranty and I've not had an issue with them since then.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts