Hemi Truck Club banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
should I go with dual or a single wideban with dual exhaust? I'm going through a major learning curve here and I'm very new to tuners. thank you.

·
Mark G Senior Member
1,935 Posts
Welcome to The Forum...chances are you will not need a dual wideband especially if you're using the stock manifolds you have two into one you could install a single O2 sensor in that pipe it will read both sides.

·
Administrator
17,872 Posts
If your true dual engine back you could run a dual unit but it’s not really needed. Just run a single in the Y pipe at the merge of you have a Y pipe or run a single just after your upstream o2 on a dual exhaust setup.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ok, There is no y-pipe. True dual exhaust from exhaust manifold back. When you say upsteam o2, You mean the the one before the Cat, right? That might be tricky.

Since I didn't say this in the first post, I''m sure it help everyone else to know what I'm working on.

2005 slt Dodge Dakota with. 5.7 Hemi from a 2010 Ram (in current process of
swapping)
Gretrag 238 6spd trans
4X4

·
Greg
19,974 Posts
Sounds like a interesting swap. What pcm are you using?

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'm using the pcm from the 2010 Ram because of the tone rings, vtt, etc. Since the 05 Dakota uses the CAN Bus. I figured it would be easier. Major learning process here, since I'm only a shade tree mechanic.

·
Greg
19,974 Posts
Personally think the pcm compatibility is the key to your project. Good luck..

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks, I'm sure I'll need all the luck I can get. I'm hoping to have the wiring done this weekend. Then, it's the rad, heater hoses, a/c lines. Plus I will have to do something with hood. Because of the way the Ram intake position the throttle body.

·
James
1,498 Posts
A single wide band will be fine. What are your plans with your truck? (daily, race, tow, four wheel, etc.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
just a a little fun daily driver.. I don't think that getrag 238 would take to much abuse.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts