Hemi Truck Club banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Gary
904 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im shopping for a new ram. They show the quad cab and the crew cab on line . They both have 4 doors so what is the differance?

·
Retired BOD - Doug
39,640 Posts
More room in the back seat. More leg room is a plus if you ever have to ride in the back seat. I think the back doors are a little larger too.

·
Registered
1,375 Posts

·
Farrrrrr East Coast
3,770 Posts
no i think the megacab is still around

think its only the 2500 and 3500 tho

·
Registered
636 Posts
I think CrewCab replaced MegaCab on the 4th Gens. At least, I haven't seen anything bigger than a CrewCab going around anywhere here.

·
Gary
904 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks everyone for the info

·
KEN
4,226 Posts
The 12 Crew Cab is the same length as the Quad cab,the difference is the bed,shorter bed but more interior room

·
Registered
636 Posts
I retract my statement. The pictures weren't showing up at work yesterday. 4th gen MegaCabs do exist.

·
Gary
904 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I looked at the quad cab quick today. I will go with quad cab due to the extra room for my kids. And I can deal with a shorter bed because I use my 2000 sierra to haul stuff anyway.

·
Registered
636 Posts
QuadCab has less room in the backseat and a regular bed. That's what I have. CrewCab has more room in the backseat but a shorter bed. That's what I'm starting to wish I had gotten.

·
Retired BOD - Doug
39,640 Posts
I had reservations about getting a crew cab. I was use to the quad cab but I'm glad I made the switch. We don't carry people in the back very often, once a week but it sure is nice to have the room. Traveling it's a lot easier to store things inside the cab than the bed too. Takes a little getting use to the look..mines like a big white brick but it runs good.

·
KEN
4,226 Posts
You will not regret getting the crew cab,,my 07 quad cab and this one is no comparison in room and comfort.

·
Registered
5,981 Posts
I really wish they made a crew cab 1500 with the 6 foot 3 bed but they dont. If you want a crew cab with that bed you need a 2500! As much as I love these Hemis, a Megacab 3500 4x4 is my next truck! A couple of years away but thats what I want!

·
Registered
279 Posts
Originally posted by dr.dred:
I really wish they made a crew cab 1500 with the 6 foot 3 bed but they dont. If you want a crew cab with that bed you need a 2500! As much as I love these Hemis, a Megacab 3500 4x4 is my next truck! A couple of years away but thats what I want!
Has Ram ever made a 6'3" box?? If you like the hemi why don't you get a heavy duty with a hemi??

·
Registered
5,981 Posts
yes they make the 6.3 box but only with the quad cab. Crew cab its 5.6. A heavy duty hemi is nice but the extra weight of the truck the diesel is the way to go. With the emission deletes our hemis can never keep up. Plus the diesel here keeps its resale values alot higher.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts