Hemi Truck Club banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Boots are starting to rip on my OEM Upper A Arm, I believe they are original, Should I replace with factory? I see prices are all over the place and some are Aluminum and some are steel, Some after markets list a left and right and OEM lists one part number for both sides.

I am thinking OEM but I am open to suggestions. I do not have a lift kit. The Ball joint is still tight but eventually they are going to fail.

Thanks

·
Super Moderator
'05 Boosted 426 & '14 4X4
12,822 Posts
In my experience I've come across Left and Right Arms with fixed positioned Ball Joint assemblies. Single Arms are reversible (Flip over) with removable Ball Joint assemblies. Unless you plan to modify, I'd stick to OEM when possible. (y)

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
OEM only has one part number, I am assuming that it is for the right and left, Not sure how to confirm.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Charged392 that is what I figured, I ordered OEM, I am going to hold off on in stalling until mine get play or noisey, I used a needle greaser and put grease in them but there are a couple small tears in each side.

·
Administrator
18,122 Posts
Tears don’t generally mean the joint is bad or will be just the rubber is junk. You may still have a lot of life in those joints yet.

best way to check them is with truck jacked up from outer edge of lower control arm and then push down on the upper joint if there’s play it should move

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yeah I don't think mine are bad yet I checked them, just with the way parts are these days I figured Id grab them and have them in my parts room, if I end up not needing I'll put them on E Bay. No plans to get rid of the truck any time soon. I just know tears do get worse and the dirt will slowly wear them down.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts