Hemi Truck Club banner

181 - 196 of 196 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Hello all
How rare are the awd Daytona's out there?
We have had both the 4wd version and an awd.We now have a silver 2 door shortbed bought used [2nd owner]Daytona that was ordered from the factory with the electronic awd feature.
The truck is a beast and handles quite different[imho] then its rwd /4wd counterparts.,
We are getting to the point where the body is starting to rust a bit in the door panels and tail gate..Maine winters are a killer and she [the truck] is no garage queen.107K miles and the engine is strong..Everythings been kept up on exceprt this astart of surface rust.
Looking into option.....Fix proper[mopar parts] as we go...Modd it out,might be cool but will lose its "Daytona" value..Or drive her till she drops and put the tiger hair to her until I find a worthy parts truck.
Don't have 1000$ to burn all at once so no gass monkey ideas please.
Thanks for any responses.....w/o

·
Greg
19,961 Posts
I don't see many AWD around. But IMO it's up to you and what you see as a goal for the truck. With it being AWD I see a sport package verses a off road 4x4. Maybe a 2/4 drop with suspension upgrades. CAI, headers and exhaust. If money is a factor, then work at maintaining it's condition and making improvements when you can.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I don't see many AWD around. But IMO it's up to you and what you see as a goal for the truck. With it being AWD I see a sport package verses a off road 4x4. Maybe a 2/4 drop with suspension upgrades. CAI, headers and exhaust. If money is a factor, then work at maintaining it's condition and making improvements when you can.
Moneys always a factor brother..
Should i start by saying"Hello ,my name is Mr wzrd, and im a hemi-a-holic."
I have spent a fortune in these last 15 years driving new cars and trucks almost yearly...
We have wittled down the fleet to mama's 2017 SLT:icon_peace: not a hemi.
Along with my used [but loved and payed for] 06 hemi commander and daytona ram.
Long story short.We use the truck mainly on road so a performance upgrade / build is more inline then say off road lift stuff.
Im waiting till its time to redo the engine and will stay happy working the rust off her body and start preserving the frame and inside panels we can get to.
Im not personally working on the trucks but like to have a hands on when it comes to deciding how far to go money and parts.
This truck is mine for life so i want a good job,couple K at a time vs rotisserie strip and flip for big bucks.
Like...Im looking on replacing 2 doors and a tailgate..Deciding on new or used oem...Then there is a little bubble start on a rear quater panel..Bite the money and replace panel early...Let it rust a bit more [buying time] or thro on some fender flares to cover the little bubble.
Comes down to Do i want to keep the Daytona,lagit..As she sets she is almost 1 of a kind with the build sheet/awd.
As for exhaust..We replaced last year with factory "Borola" . 1 year production = pricey on cost but i had to go factory mopar oem..ya know.Did the wheels and windshield not to long ago..Mopar = $

·
Greg
19,961 Posts
Being unique as it is, you might consider having it apprised with appropriate coverage. Also knowing it's value can help you determine what level of repairs or mpds you want to make on her.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Being unique as it is, you might consider having it apprised with appropriate coverage. Also knowing it's value can help you determine what level of repairs or mpds you want to make on her.
By the time im done ,im always in deeper then true market value..Lucky to break even.
Ill bet the truck is worth 10 as she sets...To repair/rust proof is probly another 5k without paint and stickers..Call it 10k to be safe.. That should bring it back to 2005 oem standards.
I like the daytona graphics but have taken off the wing in turn for a tonnue cover[silver]..Thinking of adding a black stripe down the hood if we go for black fender flares...So many options

·
Registered
2,893 Posts
Curious, does it have the 4x4 Emblem ? I've seen 3 in my searches for a 05 truck , 2 Go Mangos and one silver the Silver AWD truck had 4x4 on the gate but the Go Mangos didn't.
When these were New I think the AWD option was order only , as in DCX didn't offer any for allocation sales. as for how many I couldn't even give an estimate, the 2 Dodge salesmen I know at the time were busy trying to push the AWD Magnums and Chargers,

·
Registered
30 Posts
Curious, does it have the 4x4 Emblem ? I've seen 3 in my searches for a 05 truck , 2 Go Mangos and one silver the Silver AWD truck had 4x4 on the gate but the Go Mangos didn't.
When these were New I think the AWD option was order only , as in DCX didn't offer any for allocation sales. as for how many I couldn't even give an estimate, the 2 Dodge salesmen I know at the time were busy trying to push the AWD Magnums and Chargers,
Not to familiar with the maggies but i know the early chargers did NOT have an awd option in 05 production.
My 05 commander has the same sorta set up ..Automatic awd hemi powered.
The dodge set up is much smoother for road use while the jeep is a beast off road.

Ill check on the 4x4 emblem next trip out to the shop where she is getting her body work done.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I had the Daytona version when they came out early....I remember having to take it out 1 day during a small snow storm...Drivi=en in the stuff all my life but driving the charger sucked...Nice heavy car but when wheel spin started and the computer[hal] shut it down,you were freakin going know where quick..I btch to my local dealer about them needing an awd alternative..Think it was a year or 2 later it was brought into the 6banger models.They did make a few later years of awd hemis but have sinse discontinued.Tho maybe 1 can still special order..
Did i say i have a few head injuries from cars so memories can be fleeting.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Finally...Yes ..my sliver Daytona has the 4x4 emblem on the left side of back tailgate.:)

·
Registered
1 Posts
Bought a while ago on Copart a Go mango quad cab RWD form california (Sacramento). Now run and drive in Poland-Europe. Maybe someone know previous owner? few years in Sacramento and first bought in LA.

10527 number

·
Super Moderator
10,653 Posts
Bought a while ago on Copart a Go mango quad cab RWD form california (Sacramento). Now run and drive in Poland-Europe. Maybe someone know previous owner? few years in Sacramento and first bought in LA.

10527 number

View attachment 49825
Welcome to our Hemi Truck family!

181 - 196 of 196 Posts