Hemi Truck Club banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,
As stated before I really appreciated all the help you all gave me from my differential issue. Now I have yet another question. This time it involves the trans. cooler. I know they are easy to replace. I've looked at mine and it's pretty straight forward. Anyway doing some research I see that the lines are the quick disconnect type. Can any one give me a part no. for this tool or is it better to just go out and buy a good complete set? I hate to buy one tool and use it only once...then I'm stuck with it. Oh, and by the way this cooler is original to the truck. Any info. on what type of lube or solvent I can use to break up the road gunk that has most likely accumulated in the little crevices in the disconnect assembly? Thanks all I hope everyone is being safe and sorry for all the questions. My truck sat for a little over a year and now I think she's mad at me...LOL. Be safe and any info. is greatly appreciated.

Thanks again,
RumRunner

·
Administrator
17,847 Posts
To break the fittings free tap them then blow them out then brake clean them rinse and repeat till fittings rotate by hand on lines. The dissconnect tool you need is just a 3/8 fuel line release tool. Push fitting toward cooler and if trying to hook up then slide tool into release and pull line off.
If swapping the cooler get the 2500/3500 severer duty 25row cooler swaps right in issue free and works better

1 - 3 of 3 Posts