Hemi Truck Club banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,708 Posts
They reported it dropped from 8.3 to 8.1%.... sound good right?
Nope... they did it by ONCE AGAIN dropping the labor Participation Rate by 368,000
The Obama admin has dropped the Labor Participation rate more than anyone else in history!!!

If they had left the Participation rate were where it was... (instead of saying 368k retired and didn't need to be replaced)
The Unemployment Rate would have gone from 8.3 to 8.4%
And here's the biggy.... If he left it where it was on his 1st day in office, (instead of saying millions retired and are no longer needed)
The Official Unemployment Rate would be 11.2%... not 8.1% after ** with the numbers

Sure baby boomers are retiring... but not all of them WANT TOO.
And sure as **** every last one of them did not have a job that is no longer needed... and therefore no longer needed to be tracked.

·
Registered
2,708 Posts
They reported it dropped from 8.3 to 8.1%.... sound good right?
Nope... they did it by ONCE AGAIN dropping the labor Participation Rate by 368,000
The Obama admin has dropped the Labor Participation rate more than anyone else in history!!!

If they had left the Participation rate were where it was... (instead of saying 368k retired and didn't need to be replaced)
The Unemployment Rate would have gone from 8.3 to 8.4%
And here's the biggy.... If he left it where it was on his 1st day in office, (instead of saying millions retired and are no longer needed)
The Official Unemployment Rate would be 11.2%... not 8.1% after ** with the numbers

Sure baby boomers are retiring... but not all of them WANT TOO.
And sure as **** every last one of them did not have a job that is no longer needed... and therefore no longer needed to be tracked.

·
Registered
1,375 Posts

·
Registered
40,856 Posts

·
Jim-CO Chapter Dictator
2,292 Posts
Lonnie - I understand where you are coming from. It's frustrating! However, with all due respect, your official unemployment rate number I believe is wrong. I have seen variables on this number run somewhere between 17 to 28%. Unemployed to underemployed run in 40s. Some blogs have even said higher numbers, which is left to one's speculation. Yes, early retirement was one increase. Another area that increased was the numbers that dropped off the feds unemployment radar and are no longer collecting (increase number of tent condos and living with relatives/friends). One more, the feds refuse to take into account, are those increased numbers that rely on government subsidies (welfare recipients whom are able to work, fraudulent disability and so forth). Add them all together and I truly believe the number, 11.2%, goes higher...Much higher and that is not tweaking the numbers obama style.

·
Registered
2,708 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Originally posted by RockyMtnXpress:
Lonnie - I understand where you are coming from. It's frustrating! However, with all due respect, your official unemployment rate number I believe is wrong. I have seen variables on this number run somewhere between 17 to 28%. Unemployed to underemployed run in 40s. Some blogs have even said higher numbers, which is left to one's speculation. Yes, early retirement was one increase. Another area that increased was the numbers that dropped off the feds unemployment radar and are no longer collecting (increase number of tent condos and living with relatives/friends). One more, the feds refuse to take into account, are those increased numbers that rely on government subsidies (welfare recipients whom are able to work, fraudulent disability and so forth). Add them all together and I truly believe the number, 11.2%, goes higher...Much higher and that is not tweaking the numbers obama style.
You are probably right I just don't have the correct info to be able to make such a statement so I aire on the side of conservatism....

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
Well don't let Barry and the boys know but I am actually doing better now then I was 4 years ago. I think the mindset is for every one person doing better that supersedes 1,000 doing worse in their eyes and is classified as progress.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts