Hemi Truck Club banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
772 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Just come back from a 1600 mile 8 day road trip around our south island. the Bee went like a dream and it cost me $824 NZD for gas.

While I was filling up in a small seaside town called kaikoura, they had this picture on the wall of the gas stop.
They told me it was a local truck which ran off the road to avoid hitting a wild deer which had jumped out of the bush. the truck had flipped end for end and landed in a ditch. No one hurt i'm told.
But the locals in these places are reknown for spinning yarns to innocent looking people such as myself. But its an interesting picture which ever way you look at it.

Kaikoura is a top tourist attraction famous for its whale watch tours. I didnt take the tour cause i had another use for the $180 cost. namely paying my hotel bill.

First picture is me attempting to figure out parking machine in a place called Invercargill and the second is me standing the very bottom of the South Island. next stop the South Pole.

Attachments

·
Retired BOD - Doug
39,640 Posts
Well the first picture is sad for sure. The sign post is cool and a loooooong way from here.

I hate parking meters.

Thanks for sharing Mark. Got any more pictures of your trip?

·
Super Moderator
4,830 Posts
great pictures

·
Team Spankintime
530 Posts
The first picture had me in tears :.....(

·
Registered
40,856 Posts
Thanks for sharing the pics!