Hemi Truck Club banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
3,602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Backing INTO my drive today, a guy coming down the street locked up his brakes and slid, jumped the curb and his rear end smacked my bumper

and turfed my yard

Real glad I decided to wait till spring to put the roll pan on.

·
Registered
3,602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·

Backing INTO my drive today, a guy coming down the street locked up his brakes and slid, jumped the curb and his rear end smacked my bumper

and turfed my yard

Real glad I decided to wait till spring to put the roll pan on.

·
Administrator
17,884 Posts
I hate that especially when it's not your fault at least it wasn't the roll pan that would likely have ended in a new bed

·
Registered
40,856 Posts

·
Board of Directors
25,097 Posts
Bummer!

·
Greg
19,974 Posts
Oh yes the roll pans look great, but I am in constant fear I'm going to get tagged. That and a fully welded in roll pan is not the cheapest of mods. When you install your roll pan I would recommend installing a hidden hitch at the same time to brace up the rear frame a little as the OEM cross member has to be removed. Good luck.

·
Registered
3,432 Posts
i got taged at walmart the other day in the rear,cant even see it but it bent up the bumper a little so now when i open the tail gate it hits the bumper,now i have two dents in the gate

·
Registered
2,763 Posts
Some people absolutely lose their minds in the snow. They forget everything they've ever learned. I'm kinda glad we don't get it much here.

·
Board of Directors (Jay)
43,454 Posts

·
Registered
2,770 Posts
Originally posted by askibum02:
Some people absolutely lose their minds in the snow. They forget everything they've ever learned. I'm kinda glad we don't get it much here.
Tell me about it! We get 30,000 of them every weekend!!!

Sorry about your bumper.

·
Greg
19,974 Posts
Keep in mind you have be careful when driving with a pan, especially if you are lowered. They can get snagged on all sorts of stuff. My daughter has a steep driveway and I have to approach it at a angle. A friend had his truck pulled onto a roll back and sure enough it got hung up. Also there is the problem of a secure tow point, if there is no hidden hitch. Just saying, it's a lot like a girl wearing a tight skirt, looks damn good but but there can be a problem leaping about.
I'm an advocate of fully welded pans as it allows you to modify the fit to a greater degree. I narrowed the gap between the pan and the tailgate on mine. But also dramatically increases any repair costs that maybe needed later.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts