Hemi Truck Club banner
141 - 152 of 152 Posts

·
Registered
2008 Ram 1500 4x4 5.7 for now....
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #142 · (Edited)
does anyone have anything to say about Amerihood hoods?
found one with a functional hood scoop takes the air to the aftermarket air box.
i can even pick it up locally in Alberta from this company below

ah just found thread with @SUPER BEE
he has the hood im looking at

Automotive design Font Auto part Cleanliness Automotive exterior

·
John
4,263 Posts
@SUPER BEE how is the hood after 4 years?
i had that chrome grille and headlights at one point,
Grille didnt survive Canadian winters. chrome peeled after 3 years.
Hood is still going strong, so is the chrome/black grille. The hood will need som fitting especially on the passenger side for hood to fender fit. I drive 80/85 mph on interstates no problems.

Car Plant Tire Vehicle Grille
Vehicle Automotive tire Hood Automotive lighting Grille
Automotive parking light Tire Wheel Automotive side marker light Vehicle
Plant Hood Vehicle Automotive lighting Tree

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #145 ·
Hood is still going strong, so is the chrome/black grille. The hood will need som fitting especially on the passenger side for hood to fender fit. I drive 80/85 mph on interstates no problems.

I highly recommend getting switchback led marker bulbs for those headlights assemblies.
3157 amber/white switchback led marker lights white running light with amber signal.

If you get the cheaper bulbs you will need to add a load resistor to the turn signal to avoid hyper flash or you can purchase slightly more expensive models with the resistor built in

Morefulls 3157 Switchback LED Bulbs Error Free 36LEDs Canbus Turn Signal Light
Morefulls 3157 Switchback LED Bulbs Error Free 36LEDs Canbus Turn Signal Light No Hyperflash T25 3047 3057 3155 3156 Amber and White Replace for Front Turning Light Driving Light, Turn Signal Bulbs - Amazon Canada

Automotive parking light Automotive tail & brake light Automotive side marker light Vehicle Grille

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #146 ·
So ran into an issue found out the harmonic balancer I bought is 20% underdrive no good for street driving. SUM-c2516 The instructions in the box literally say idle will not be enough to cool or charge the engine.
Any suggestions?

I read somewhere the stock damper tends to explode around 6,800 RPM.
Although I don't plan on spending much time redlining. Might be good enough for the time being?

There are some ATI dampers on Summit but some of them say 8 rib where the truck is only seven and the cars are six. This has me confused. And it's $200 more than I've already spent on this one.

·
Proud Canadian
284 Posts
So ran into an issue found out the harmonic balancer I bought is 20% underdrive no good for street driving. SUM-c2516 The instructions in the box literally say idle will not be enough to cool or charge the engine.
Any suggestions?

I read somewhere the stock damper tends to explode around 6,800 RPM.
Although I don't plan on spending much time redlining. Might be good enough for the time being?

There are some ATI dampers on Summit but some of them say 8 rib where the truck is only seven and the cars are six. This has me confused. And it's $200 more than I've already spent on this one.
don't let the internet or the instruction manual get your head all messed up. it will be fine. as in zero issues regardless of anything anyone tries to put in your head.

first off, do you plan to drive your truck or just sit there in P and idle? great, the problem is already solved.

I have an ATI 15% underdrive damper and my truck idles bouncing between about 725-750rpm. charging system voltage sits at 13.8v at idle. as far as cooling goes, you live in fort mac, not fort worth. will you maybe see the temp creep up a bit in stop and go traffic when it is 30+ degrees C outside? yeah. how often is that the case? never. and as far as the steering assist goes, there is no difference.

you're not turning a blower, so keep the underdrive damper and take that little bit of reduction in parasitic losses that it will give you. the 6,800 rpm factory balancer explosion thing shouldn't be of any concern because I can't see you turning your motor that fast with a 4" stroke.

if you have access to your factory and your underdrive balancer, try grabbing each by the collar and quickly turn it back and forth with your hand, the difference in inertia is very noticeable just in your hand. the difference at the crank snout (when these forces are greatly multiplied) is actually pretty profound.

• Helpful
Reactions: arocketman

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #149 ·
Well that's good news.

I do idle/ warmup in winter quite a bit, 15-25 min but was planning on doing that less on my $$$ new engine. I do run a sound system with two 12-in subs... But they don't play during warm up.

Should still be fine

The AIT's at Summit were either out of stock or wrong number of ribs.

I guess it goes in the oven tomorrow.
It's an interference fit.

·
Proud Canadian
284 Posts
Well that's good news.

I do idle/ warmup in winter quite a bit, 15-25 min but was planning on doing that less on my $$$ new engine. I do run a sound system with two 12-in subs... But they don't play during warm up.

Should still be fine

The AIT's at Summit were either out of stock or wrong number of ribs.

I guess it goes in the oven tomorrow.
It's an interference fit.
they're all interference fit. make sure it is honed to the proper size, don't just force it on there or you might end up having to cut it off. I forced a balancer on one time and trust me, you don't ever want to do that.

• Helpful
Reactions: arocketman

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #152 ·
have decided to get Holley Terminator X Max Ecu for the install.

the added cost will save me about as much time/money on the dyno trying to get the stock PCM happy with this cam & stroker.

started a dedicated install/wiring/tuning thread for it.

141 - 152 of 152 Posts