Hemi Truck Club banner
121 - 140 of 165 Posts

· Proud Canadian
346 Posts
welp...
bad news

tdot emailed me to confirm my vehicle for the headers.

email chick says RWD cars only.
their website and jeggs both say RWD cars, and all trucks
BBK mfg. website and the de-listed page on summit say Cars only.
BBK website only has shortys for trucks.

i think im boned.

i'd trust the MFG website, i think, right?
car headers wouldnt fit... would they?

there are a bunch of no-name kits on ebay for 1200$
or these (usd) .... lol...

View attachment 51081

not sure if it is true or not but I was told the car headers won't work on the trucks because they tuck up closer under the body and will hit the bottom of the cab.

· Administrator
18,176 Posts
The headers I just installed on my charger don’t hug the motor anymore than my trucks did. But they do seem to have a different angle to them so very likely won’t fit frame wise

· Registered
2008 Ram 1500 4x4 5.7 for now....
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #131 ·
looks like a bit of a custom bend on the AC pipe too, right?
this plate will be great until the next engine cosmetic upgrade...

Product Font Auto part Circle Fashion accessory

· Proud Canadian
346 Posts
hey Tristyn are you going to be driving your truck through the winter?

· Proud Canadian
346 Posts
I was hoping to, going to see how it goes.
What advice do you have?
I was planning on looking into a custom tune and a less twitchy throttle pedal.

the custom tune or a detuned throttle aren't necessary, it's not like the truck has slicks and a screw blower. if you are going to be starting that motor in cold weather, protect your investment and install an oil heater. Moroso makes a 400 watt heater, while the motor is on the stand you can have your builder pop the pan off and weld in a bung and install it. the block heater in these motors doesn't really do a heck of a lot. when it is canadian-cold outside, the more heat you can get into the motor prior to hitting the key, the better.

I installed one of the moroso heaters in my car and the wife's suv, a camry and a Tucson, not performance vehicles by anyone's standards but if I own something I take care of it. starting an engine in minus 20/30/40 is just horrible for it. just because an engine is able to start in extreme cold doesn't mean it isn't harmed in the process. here's a link for that moroso heater on Summit.

https://www.summitracing.com/parts/...AlGDSnNd0nbkopNiFaveSw-g88Mv0CLRoCINoQAvD_BwE

· Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #137 ·
the custom tune or a detuned throttle aren't necessary, it's not like the truck has slicks and a screw blower. if you are going to be starting that motor in cold weather, protect your investment and install an oil heater. Moroso makes a 400 watt heater, while the motor is on the stand you can have your builder pop the pan off and weld in a bung and install it. the block heater in these motors doesn't really do a heck of a lot. when it is canadian-cold outside, the more heat you can get into the motor prior to hitting the key, the better.

I installed one of the moroso heaters in my car and the wife's suv, a camry and a Tucson, not performance vehicles by anyone's standards but if I own something I take care of it. starting an engine in minus 20/30/40 is just horrible for it. just because an engine is able to start in extreme cold doesn't mean it isn't harmed in the process. here's a link for that moroso heater on Summit.

https://www.summitracing.com/parts/...AlGDSnNd0nbkopNiFaveSw-g88Mv0CLRoCINoQAvD_BwE
I was looking at an external version of the same thing... I like yours better. Thanks again

· Proud Canadian
346 Posts
I was looking at an external version of the same thing... I like yours better. Thanks again

you will have to buy a steel ½" npt bung, the heater comes with an aluminum one. its a minor detail but easy to miss. on my vehicles I have the heater on a relay with a 195F/off 180F/on temperature switch wired inline on the coil ground. it isn't necessary as the oil doesn't get hot enough, but a heating element should never be wired without a thermostat/high limit cutout, regardless of the application.

if the vehicle is parked outside, I run the heater on my vehicles pretty much any time the outside temperature is 0 degrees celsius or below, no sense in starting an engine any colder than necessary. electricity is cheap.

Reactions: TRusselo

· Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #139 ·
holley sniper valve covers
Font Rectangle Auto part Automotive exterior Electronics accessory

new tires
surtrack wide climber A/T, 275/60R20 33x10, Passenger tire, 40 lbs each.

old tires
35/12.5R20, offroad tire, 76 lbs each.

Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive tire Synthetic rubber

· Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #140 ·
for your hi-ram, are you using the head adapter plates? or did you have the heads port matched? or are you on eagle heads? didnt bother?

i have the 08 heads, getting them port matched to the hi-ram. (for free)
without the adapter plates, might have less room for AC line than you, if you have them installed.

121 - 140 of 165 Posts