Hemi Truck Club banner
41 - 57 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
2008 Ram 1500 4x4 5.7 for now....
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #41 ·
Red's a pig on gas. I have a 20gal tank that can go 160 miles. Low fuel light comes on I have 15 miles left. I carry a 5gal spare can, so as not to worry. Of course when playing I can dump the tank in something around 60 miles. Engine turns 2000 rpm @ 65mph. 32inch tall tires. 3:91 gear.. 46rh manual vb. Point is, don't get carried away..
View attachment 50330
I have 20 gal tank too... 160 miles... yeah thats about right.... thats me on a bad wind day. stock worn engine NA.. I can live with that.

·
Greg
20,008 Posts
The number is 0.69 for OD..:)
Then you are use to having limited range.. small tanks save weight, but can be a pia when going anywhere.
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Automotive tire

Reactions: SUPER BEE and Daw14

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #43 ·
The number is 0.69 for OD..:)
Then you are use to having limited range.. small tanks save weight, but can be a pia when going anywhere. View attachment 50331
wtf? that dont look like a truck...?
is that the HTH setup from your sig? and 2nd tank where the spare used to be?
so many questions from one pic... ass...

·
Greg
20,008 Posts
Haha thats the only tank.. and yes the HTH coilover setup. The truck arms go to a cross member just behind the trans.
Tire Vehicle Wheel Automotive tire Hood

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #45 ·
rear tank? oh.. had to change tanks to lower the truck, right?

·
Proud Canadian
135 Posts
rear tank? oh.. had to change tanks to lower the truck, right?

if you are running the factory tank (which i assume you are) it is 26 gallons. you would know if you had the 34 gallon tank because your fillups would be close to 140L.

there is nothing stopping you from lowering the truck with the factory tank, unless you want to change to a different suspension setup.

·
Proud Canadian
135 Posts

·
Greg
20,008 Posts
Better weight distribution and make room for the truckarms.

Reactions: TRusselo

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #49 ·
yeah i have the 100 L tank.
if you are running the factory tank (which i assume you are) it is 26 gallons. you would know if you had the 34 gallon tank because your fillups would be close to 140L.

there is nothing stopping you from lowering the truck with the factory tank, unless you want to change to a different suspension setup.
yeah 100 liter... when he said 20gal tank, i thought he was talking about a stock tank, and converted to 90 litres, figured we were talking about the same tank. whats 10 liters in a metric to gallon conversion? Americans dont care about accuracy.... obviously
lol jk
more like 70 to 80
exactly.... F that. ill never buy new.

·
Greg
20,008 Posts
Here's another picture you might like.. I originally removed the OEM gas tank to install a custom dual exhaust. It was a absolute failure. More importantly than being unpleasantly loud, it lost power. Couldn't tune the loss back out. Used 3" pipe and I suspect simply didn't have enough velocity.
Wheel Tire Automotive tire Vehicle Car

Reactions: charged392

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #51 · (Edited)
Here's another picture you might like.. I originally removed the OEM gas tank to install a custom dual exhaust. It was a absolute failure. More importantly than being unpleasantly loud, it lost power. Couldn't tune the loss back out. Used 3" pipe and I suspect simply didn't have enough velocity.
View attachment 50342
Yeah i've already wasted money on my exhaust too.
Bought an MBRP cat back dual exhaust kit. HATED the sound. Didn't sound like a hemi. Too loud, Too much drone on the highway.
Cut out the MBRP muffler and put in a Flowmaster 50 Series HD.

I knew i shoulda gone flowmaster from the start. thought i would try something "different"... nope.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #52 ·
One sacrifice I will make to my engine build will be a quiet-ish exhaust.
I found a custom exhaust shop in Edmonton that will do all the thinking for me for my new exhaust setup.
but I'll take the 10-15 hp loss to not drive myself nuts with engine drone.

Again 5 hours to Edmonton... 4600km to "back home"

·
Proud Canadian
135 Posts
One sacrifice I will make to my engine build will be a quiet-ish exhaust.
I found a custom exhaust shop in Edmonton that will do all the thinking for me for my new exhaust setup.
but I'll take the 10-15 hp loss to not drive myself nuts with engine drone.

Again 5 hours to Edmonton... 4600km to "back home"

if you have a healthy cam in your motor, you're going to want to hear it. ask anyone else on here and I promise they will tell you the same. maybe look into some cutouts for when you want to turn up the volume, that way you keep your options open. what are your plans for headers and are you going to run cats?

·
Greg
20,008 Posts
I have installed many exhaust systems. Things I have found is a straight through muffer (magnaflow being my favorite) sounds good and won't lose power. I'm not a fan of FlowMaster, so I'm bias.... turbo muffler have all been losers as well. Duals didn't work well, losing power. Long tubes and Y pipe has worked best and is what I always go back to after making changes. My current setup is a single Aero XL that I modified to fit my specific exhaust setup. I'm happy with what I have and don't think there will be anymore changes. My system uses all V band connections and can easily drop the muffler and replace it with a straight pipe. There is very little to none movement with the piping and I use turbo high quality flex couplers. This is critical that turbo grade flex joints be used otherwise they will collapse internally and block the exhaust flow.
Automotive tire Automotive lighting Gas Rim Auto part

41 - 57 of 57 Posts