Hemi Truck Club banner
181 - 186 of 186 Posts

· Proud Canadian
361 Posts
So... what im hearing is cross my fingers i dont go on strike and put in a built zf8-hp70 asap.

rather than buying a built 8HP70 just get an 8HP90

· Proud Canadian
361 Posts
and
I just ordered the 1227 trans dapt dual flilter relocation kit.
summit says it works on my 2008 ram but was out of stock
so i ordered from TDot here in Canada, as it "said" in-stock and was cheaper.

Now TDot is telling me it does not fit my truck, and is special order.
I told them to ship it anyway.
Im pretty sure Im right this time.

I found the box and yes it is 1227.

Reactions: TRusselo

· Registered
2004 GTX
109 Posts
So... what im hearing is cross my fingers i dont go on strike and put in a built zf8-hp70 asap.
Just be conscientious, mindful of how you drive it with the RFE545, we all know it's time is short in your truck, it's going to get replaced no matter what with some thing better,(HP70/90), just remember the simple rules we've given you and you'll get a 6 maybe 8 months out of the 545.

I know I make it out to be all doomsday and finite on the 545 lifespan behind even the most powerful 4.7's* but I find people have a tendency to "relax" and poo,poo warnings......It's our nature, we all do it, I do it more then I should admit.
you'll be fine with the 545 for some time.

* seriously we shredded an ATS trans 545 with a co pilot behind 560RWHP 4.7(offset stroke, and custom Dimond pistons, HO cams and heads, 4.6(ford)Kenn Bell 3.2l mammoth Liquid Cooled big bore supercharger, 12 lbs of boost netted us 380hp, 16 lbs= 560hp at the time, that thing was a nightmare, belt routing, had to increase spacer height to get the TB to clear plugs, in the end the coil paks were moved to the fire wall, had to run Plug wires,....Hemi would of been a cheaper option. ..... if I remember the displacement was 305ci?(stock is 287, only a 18ci increase for $3k) truck is an 02 QCSB 4x4 converted to 4x2....they run Non-lock up 518(46rh) in it now, tune is worked out now, lays down between 600-650RWHP @16-18lb, every 1lbs of boost gets us 18-22hp where on the 4.6s its roughly 15-18hp per lbs. ....we can clear over 700hp with this kit on the stock cam 4.6 Cobra engines, I think 750 is doable with the 4.7powertech if we could get cams with close to .600 lift. tensioners need some work to get 7800 RPMs ....way too much money invested(my opinion).

· Proud Canadian
361 Posts
I found the box and yes it is 1227.
by the way the filters that you will need are Fram PH16 equivalent. I just give the Fram number because they're super common and easy to cross reference. the Amsoil filter number is EAO42 which is what I am running.

· Registered
2008 Ram 1500 4x4 5.7 for now....
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #185 ·
by the way the filters that you will need are Fram PH16 equivalent. I just give the Fram number because they're super common and easy to cross reference. the Amsoil filter number is EAO42 which is what I am running.
perfect. i knew i'd have a new filter thread. but that makes it easy.

i fortget, why did you rotate the alternator? you sent me pics.
Dan says he just got it installed in default location... I feel like hes missing something. but he hasnt tried to mound the AC yet.

· Proud Canadian
361 Posts
perfect. i knew i'd have a new filter thread. but that makes it easy.

i fortget, why did you rotate the alternator? you sent me pics.
Dan says he just got it installed in default location... I feel like hes missing something. but he hasnt tried to mound the AC yet.

i needed to move the alternator to clear the throttle body, and i had already gotten rid of the a/c system so obviously there was no issue there. but I think your intake is tall enough for the throttle body to clear the accessories....?

Reactions: TRusselo
181 - 186 of 186 Posts