Hemi Truck Club banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Jim-CO Chapter Dictator
2,292 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When did you know when it was time to trade-up your "old" ride for a newer (or different) model? I have been thinking a lot about this lately.

·
Jim-CO Chapter Dictator
2,292 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
When did you know when it was time to trade-up your "old" ride for a newer (or different) model? I have been thinking a lot about this lately.

·
Registered
3,150 Posts
when i got tired of seeing the check engine light on
plus there were awesome incentives on 2011's.

miss my 05 though

·
Registered
5,494 Posts
When I bought my '03 in '07 I figured I'd trade it on an '11 in '13. However, since I seldom NEED a truck anymore and this one is running great, I may just keep it 'til the wheels fall off.

I used to trade vehicles fairly often, but not so much lately. I also used to buy only new, but now we buy used more. I dont' get the "itch" so much any more.

·
Premium Member
2,432 Posts
When Mopar and aftermarket manufacturers stop making parts for the 2005 Dodge Ram. No need to buy a new one when i can just upgrade the one i have paid off already

·
Retired BOD - Doug
39,640 Posts
With the 04 it was for more room in the quad cab. It was getting to where comfort on a trips was more important. Trading the 08 for the 11 was just "because".... I love all the cool "stuff" the new Laramie's come with. I'm really surprised that I use the heated steering wheel as much as I do. Makes my old hands feel good. Kind of like the A/C seats did my butt this past summer.

I figure at my age I might as well enjoy what time I have left. Sort of like spending my kids inheritance.

·
Registered
40,856 Posts
2003 Ram - when the tranny started to go because of 520 HP

2006 SRT8 GC - when the monthly gas bill was more than the monthly payment

2005 Ram - when the tranny started to go

·
Registered
279 Posts
I am a vehicle enthusiast, so for me need is a part of it, but admittedly want is a bigger part of it. I traded my 09 Challenger for an 11 just to get the 392. So my answer to you would be when you feel like it and when you can afford it. Nuff said.

·
Farrrrrr East Coast
3,770 Posts
when my 08 went back on lease in march 10 i wanted another ram there and then but couldn't afford it, so i bought a ,Mazda 3...had that until sept 2011 and got my new 11 ram...love it soo much
... i misseed a hemi and couldnt go any longer haha...that and starting a job with some security helped

·
Premium Member
13,314 Posts
i have been trying to talk her into a new truck for 3 yrs.
she refuses.
not quite 98,000 on her, been paid off for long time, she LOVES it.
I figure she will reconsider once she hits 150k in about 6yrs she will then be close to 15yrs old. so well .................will see

·
Retired BOD - Doug
39,640 Posts
Hey Dave...put the money you would be making on truck payments in the bank and when she does get ready you'll have enough to pay for one.

·
Greg
19,956 Posts
This may well be my last truck. It would take a train wreck to get rid of Red. I could never get what I have in her back out unless it was a trade for early iron that someone was willing to deal with.

·
Registered
13,194 Posts
I love my '05...BUT if they come out with a 6.4 that could change my mind

·
Premium Member
2,432 Posts
Originally posted by HemiFun05:
Me too but i wouldn't be trading up, i'd get one as well as my 05, or i could just put a 6.4 in it

·
Jim-CO Chapter Dictator
2,292 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Originally posted by HemiFun05:
That's always possible!...LOL!

I never did tell of the reason I traded up. After owning a Dakota with a six banger for 13 years and realizing that I will, someday, have the need to tow 6000lbs...Well there you go. Will I trade up from this one? Yeah, someday. For now, I am having "Fun" with this one!

·
Registered
2,763 Posts
I'm about ready to trade out of mine. Unfortunately it's looking like it won't be another Hemi though. I need a Cheby Suburban or a Furd Expedition XL. Bottom line, my in laws are getting older, and don't like to drive, so I need something that will carry six a little more comfortably.

I'd love to get a new Power Wagon though.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts