Hemi Truck Club banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2011 ram pick up i bought a travel trailer i need to put air bags or air shocks .can someone give me suggestions

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I have a 2011 ram pick up i bought a travel trailer i need to put air bags or air shocks .can someone give me suggestions

·
Retired BOD - Doug
39,640 Posts
Welcome <span class="ev_code_RED">Rabbit</span>, glad to have ya join us!

Wish I could answer your question but I'll leave tht up to one of the guys that pulls a camper.
Be sure to check out the Canadian Chapter. Maybe you can hook up with AlbertaHemi (Dave) one of these days. He spends a lot of time on the road though.

·
Greg
19,974 Posts
Welcome, I don't like airbags. So I'll recommend you try something easier to install and use without any down side such as needing air whether it be at the gas station or onboard compressor. These do not change ride hieght or ruin your ride quality. They are totally passive. This is a big deal for me because I used airbags and they ate themselves because I ran the truck without the minumum pressure once.
Your suspension should look like this and have the yellow bump stops. All you need to do is replace the OEM bumps with Timbren Aeon Springs.

http://www.timbren.com/timbren...on-pdfs/DR1500DS.pdf

I run a custom set on my lowered truck and pull a trailler without any frame slap.
Good Luck...

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Really appreciate the help thanks guys

1 - 6 of 6 Posts