Hemi Truck Club banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I started the truck today and it was idling rough with the ETC warning light flashing. The manual says to take it in for immediate service.

Is there anything I can check or troubleshoot from home? There are no trouble codes.

Thanks.

·
Registered
1,332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I started the truck today and it was idling rough with the ETC warning light flashing. The manual says to take it in for immediate service.

Is there anything I can check or troubleshoot from home? There are no trouble codes.

Thanks.

·
Registered
1,332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yep. I tried a couple of times. I researched a little and I may have had some luck resetting the PCM or pulling the battery cables.

But it was raining and I am working the afternoon shift this week so I didn't have much time to play around.

I tried to drive it to the garage, but it was stuck in limp mode. I drove back home and called for a tow.

Hopefully will hear more tomorrow.

·
Registered
4,714 Posts
Easiest way is to pull the # 19 PCM skim fuse then replace, its marked in your fuse box and no hassle of pulling the battery terminals.

·
Registered
1,332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well it ended up being a wiring issue. I read about a similar issue on DodgeForum.com. There is a wire bundle that runs along the fuel rail that is susceptible to vibrating and wearing through to ground out.

I don't know if it was the same wire, but I had a throttle control wire that was worn down to the conductor and totally grounded. The throttle was completely non-responsive.

So if anyone has a membership at DodgeForum, let them know they helped someone out here at HTC.

·
Greg
19,974 Posts
Good to hear you got it fixed. I have never heard of this particular problem and have had my wiring harness pulled apart and find it odd that it would wear through. Any pictures?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts