Hemi Truck Club banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had the same problems as most people with my HID's flashing, flickering, etc. All you need to do is buy a "load control module". It will plug inline with your HID harness and eliminate these problems. Any shop that sells HID's should have them in stock. I paid 17 bucks for mine, and there was no messing around with resistors or capacitors. It's money well spent, trust me.

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I had the same problems as most people with my HID's flashing, flickering, etc. All you need to do is buy a "load control module". It will plug inline with your HID harness and eliminate these problems. Any shop that sells HID's should have them in stock. I paid 17 bucks for mine, and there was no messing around with resistors or capacitors. It's money well spent, trust me.

·
Registered
10,010 Posts
Too late for me I am done with them!!

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thats fine, the post was meant for those who are currently using or are planning on installing HID's.

·
Gary
904 Posts
Does it correct the dash saying my light is out.

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
to be honest with you i'm not 100 percent sure, i will probably be able to figure that out tomorrow. right now i'm only running one load control module, the HID's are powered through the harness that came in the kit. i have a second module that i'm going to put in so i can eliminate the HID harness altogether and then i will know. i have the lamp out light on as well and i had tried the second module and the lamp out indicator was still on so i took it out and ran through the HID harness again, but then i realized that both of my license plate lights were burnt out so that could have been the reason the lamp out indicator was on. i replaced the bulbs and i'm going to try again.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Originally posted by harleyc16:
I'm having that problem, My low beams are flashing and my highs are work good.. So i'm guessing I need a load control module but can't find any..

·
Farrrrrr East Coast
3,770 Posts
matt the headlights are controlled by the computer and because the hids are only 35watts compared to the 55 of a halogn bulb, it see that there is not enough current and it shuts off the light and then cycles on and then off ect, therefore the flicker, there are a couple options, one you can run your power from tyhe parking lights, 2 you can by the resistors and make em yourself, i no when i had that truck the headlights were horrible, i tried every kind of bulb i could get , ended up leaving the blue ebay bulbs in it when i got rid of it, i had a set of 6 inch lights behind the grill, that solved my light issue . also hids wont work a daytime running lights, there is not enough current for them to light up, which is why many people wire them to the park lights.

if you are interested in a hid kit dont waste your money on a "brand name" kit, unlesss its from twiggy on dodgetalk, ddmtuning.com has great kits at unbeatable prices, i havent personally seem the h13's for the ram but my mazda hids are great and no issues.

·
Registered
46 Posts
i don't think wire the ballast on the parking light its a good things to do for truck equip with Day running light, cause the drl module cut the ground 9 times per seconds this so the light will receive 9 volts. On my corrola i need too ground the ballasts direct on the body too resolve my problems

·
Registered
35 Posts
I installed bi-xenon 55 watt headlights but the brights do even shoot out as far as the stock ones... the dims are brighter then stock

Do they need adjusting?

I got them to stop flashing/lamp out by using the resistor trick that was posted on here.

I just don't understand why the brights aren't even as good as the stock ones... Help please

·
Registered
378 Posts
I used 50watt load resistors on all mine. You can get them off Ebay for about $10 a pair shipped. i make my own harnesses

·
Registered
16 Posts
I bought the 55w Digital kit for my 07 Ram from Retro Solutions. Works great and no issues. The directions were a little fuzzy, but a quick lookup on their website fixed everything (I had wired it up wrong).

1 - 14 of 14 Posts