Hemi Truck Club banner

381 - 400 of 405 Posts

·
Administrator
17,872 Posts
Discussion Starter · #381 ·
Saw max of 28 so far. Will be going to a single non vgt turbo soon enough for better boost control.

·
Greg
19,974 Posts
Saw max of 28 so far. Will be going to a single non vgt turbo soon enough for better boost control.
Thats good boost.. I bet that sucker spins the wheels hard... nice

·
Administrator
17,872 Posts
Discussion Starter · #383 ·
Spins so hard that I actually need to swap the rear end to a 3.73 ratio. Looking to trade a local person gearsets otherwise will have to buy a set. 10.5 axle only has a few options sadly.

·
Greg
19,974 Posts
What gear do have now?

·
Greg
19,974 Posts
That's alot of gear for that truck. A 3:73 should make quite a difference. My 12v uses a 3:07 which might even be a good gear for you. 2000rpm @ 65mph..

Reactions: arocketman

·
Administrator
17,872 Posts
Discussion Starter · #388 ·
Nathan you have a 9.25” rear I swapped a 10.5 power wagon 2500 rear into my 1500 lol. Thanks though

Unfortunately for the 10.5 the highest gear they have is a 3.73 because it a hybrid diff using 11.5aam axles.

·
Greg
19,974 Posts
3:73 gear with four link and some very large tubs...

·
Administrator
17,872 Posts
Discussion Starter · #390 ·
It’s coming just not the tubs. Thinking of adding 2007.5 dually fenders and putting a 20” wide tire back there

·
Greg
19,974 Posts
It’s coming just not the tubs. Thinking of adding 2007.5 dually fenders and putting a 20” wide tire back there
It only has to please you... I'm not a fan of that particular look.

·
Administrator
17,872 Posts
Discussion Starter · #393 ·
Nathan not the 2007 style they are more like really big fender flares out back. A way different look than your typical dually fender

·
Administrator
17,872 Posts
Discussion Starter · #394 ·
Made this little adjustable contraption for the turbo. Deleted the vgt controller as I have no way to drive it electrically so went old school. Drive pressure opens the canes and it works very well. See 28-30psi steady. Very controlled boost no creep or sudden spikes. Also adjusted the tune a little for a little smoke at the initial hit. This truck is very quick and will be getting 3.73 gears here very shortly. It will be Rebeccas occasional race truck in its current form nothing more for a good while!

Attachments

·
Administrator
17,872 Posts
Discussion Starter · #395 ·
gears have arrived for the 10.5 axle. will be swapping in 3.73 as that is the highest gear for this axle since its a hybrid style axle. this will lower my overall rpm by around 750 which in the diesel world is a lot with 3600 max redline lol (yes its adjustable and yes it may get turned up a little bit hahaha).

·
Administrator
17,872 Posts
Discussion Starter · #399 ·
Ok gears are in and what a difference they make. Truck now pulls insanely hard and I can actually use 1st for a bit hahaha.

Next mod to the truck is the rear axle flip kit. I got a 5” rear kit the front to back diff is 4.75” so this should make it nice and level.

I added AC also and tryed to keep the electric fans bit it just would not cut it. My fans did not pull enough air to flow across the condensor and lower the temps to allow the AC to run steady. I ended up putting the 26.5” wide wheel of death on it woth no shroud lol. Still need to find the supports and then get the factory shroud for safety sake. The AC now blows very cold and the truck runs a steady 175-180. Trans temps even after 3hrs driving hold 140 all day. I am seeing 34psi with the gear change also. Tune getting adjusted little by little as I learn more and more about diesel tuning. All in all no leaks, runs stronger and stronger, 23+ MPG and tons of fun!

We will be taking the truck to the track here very soon as Becca wants to see what it will do. She will be driving it also!

381 - 400 of 405 Posts