Hemi Truck Club banner

361 - 380 of 405 Posts

·
Administrator
17,872 Posts
Discussion Starter · #362 ·
Got more done today! Tig welded my radiator fan shroud up and cut the holes for the two fans out. Need to add a brace across the middle on an angle to brace the shroud a touch from the holes being cut out but other than that it fits nicely. S&B intake is in and a brace was made to act as the holder where the second battery tray would have been. I also have the cluster working for the speed, battery, coolant and fuel. Need to add a 2003 oil pressure sender and oil will work. The RPM is going to be a little trickier lol. I am thinking I may not be able to get it to work as I have no way to mimmick it or add a tone wheel to fake trigger it. Might just add a small tach to the column so I can glance down and see it not sure how I’m going to go about that yet.

·
Administrator
17,872 Posts
Discussion Starter · #363 ·
Hydro boost is in and working great. Got some guages to wire in tomorrow. trans temp, boost and oil pressure so I can see what’s going on while I drive. May need to get a small tack not looking like I will be able to get it to actually work factory

·
Greg
19,974 Posts
I don't know how our diesel tachs work. But there are tach pickups that work off the alternator. I have two magnets attached the balancer on my 89' 12v that drives it's tach. Your truck is very cool..

·
Administrator
17,872 Posts
Discussion Starter · #365 ·
Look out! I took the new swap truck for a ride with the turbo wedged wide open meaning turbo won’t build boost till way up in rpm on a vgt style. I can say when that little sucker did finally make the 24psi I could get out of it the tires just went nuts. Spinning and hauling ***. I need to figure out a way to make turbo work with springs or a gate or just simply do a turbo swap and be done with it. This truck will be a monster when it’s finally tuned in a running really good. As of right now it starts it drives it has guages and fan wiring this week sometime then registration and drive it around town!

The tach is not to much a worry for me at this point. I may be getting a digital dash and doing away with the factory dash altogether anyway not 100% on that yet. But it’s running and it’s fun!

·
Administrator
17,872 Posts
Discussion Starter · #366 ·
https://youtu.be/of_cyW4DVsQ

Ok let it run now for around 3hrs. All is going no leaks and builds boost. For now I have the turbo VGT vane stick around 25% of its usable range until I find a way to control it or swap the turbo out. Main thing is it’s ready for a good street drive now. I am going to try and register it but not sure if I will be able to or not with this whole deal going on right now. Still need to wire in the gearvendors to a switch but for now will just drive it around town this way and see how it does then add the OD to the mix later. So happy. This is kinda tossed together with stuff I had laying around so over time I will go thru the entire suspension and swap out overflow jug and various other things once I know it’s all 110% good to go. Then the white truck gets to meet the doctor!

·
Greg
19,974 Posts
Sweet build, well done!

·
Administrator
17,872 Posts
Discussion Starter · #371 ·
For now yes it’s the work truck. Then it will be Becca’s occasional race truck. It’s is completed ready to roll. It does smoke a touch when cooler as it needs a good driving to really break it all in again.

https://youtu.be/eeF2dz3txcU

·
Registered
2,897 Posts
For now yes it’s the work truck. Then it will be Becca’s occasional race truck. It’s is completed ready to roll. It does smoke a touch when cooler as it needs a good driving to really break it all in again.

https://youtu.be/eeF2dz3txcU

Did I hear her say it was lame ?

·
Greg
19,974 Posts
How much boost are seeing?

361 - 380 of 405 Posts