Hemi Truck Club banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Appreciate your help yesterday in trying to free up my e-cutout, the minor grinding did help some but once in a while it still sticks open a little bit but that's ok, the truck is only 3 times louder instead of 15 with it full open! LOL

Oh also no sign of oil yet from the valve covers, I think they're going to be ok.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Appreciate your help yesterday in trying to free up my e-cutout, the minor grinding did help some but once in a while it still sticks open a little bit but that's ok, the truck is only 3 times louder instead of 15 with it full open! LOL

Oh also no sign of oil yet from the valve covers, I think they're going to be ok.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,077 Posts
Is that video with the stock Borla muffler? I don't remember mine sounding that good or I might never have removed it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,486 Posts
No problems Neil, glad to help out. Next time we'll get the traction bars on and gauges in.
I'll post some pictures up tonight.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Bill it's the stock piping and tips - resonator tips and the Cherry Bomb Elite muffler I put on there in 2008. I think the tips are finally wearing out cause it's been getting louder and louder over the last year or so.

I believe it was this specific model that I had installed:

http://www.cherrybomb.com/Cata...oval/elite-7552.aspx

This is their video of what it sounds like:

http://youtu.be/jR2RPSs-axM
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
LOL

we were testing it Fred, when Scott pulled it off you could see that the butterfly plate had been rubbing against the base plate and he did a little bit of grinding. I'll post some pict's in a bit...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,077 Posts
Originally posted by ArcticWolf:
Bill it's the stock piping and tips - resonator tips and the Cherry Bomb Elite muffler I put on there in 2008. I think the tips are finally wearing out cause it's been getting louder and louder over the last year or so.

I believe it was this specific model that I had installed:

http://www.cherrybomb.com/Cata...oval/elite-7552.aspx

This is their video of what it sounds like:

http://youtu.be/jR2RPSs-axM
Thats cool. I am thinking about a pair of these. magnapack

I saw a couple videos of the 18" version on an 06 Charger RT sounded good.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aLS01qdaZLk
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
40,856 Posts
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,282 Posts
Were you at Scott's on Saturday Neil?

We were on our way home from Berkeley and I swear I saw you on Hwy 4 heading into Antioch.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,486 Posts
We replaced those faded stock valve covers with some satin powdercoated. They look right at home in the engine bay.

I was shocked to see the old covers , major junk build up. Need to run some engine cleaner from Amsoil, Neil. A little worried but the internals looked good.

I did clean up where I saw major rubbing from the butterfly for the cutout. Think you need to add another second to your count buddy. I think the butterfly is not closing all the way because you release the switch to so.

I'm almost done working on the traction bars. Hoping to have them done for you before this weekend for the track.

For some reason the pictures from photobucket are rotating the wrong way. Damn free programs lol
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,486 Posts
Oh, clean your damn engine bay. I was grinding my teeth wanting to clean. And I have a new end cap and IAT sensor O-ring for you too.

This is why I worry , here's mine.

 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Originally posted by Hemi4ever:
We replaced those faded stock valve covers with some satin powdercoated. They look right at home in the engine bay.

I was shocked to see the old covers , major junk build up. Need to run some engine cleaner from Amsoil, Neil. A little worried but the internals looked good.

I did clean up where I saw major rubbing from the butterfly for the cutout. Think you need to add another second to your count buddy. I think the butterfly is not closing all the way because you release the switch to so.

I'm almost done working on the traction bars. Hoping to have them done for you before this weekend for the track.

For some reason the pictures from photobucket are rotating the wrong way. Damn free programs lol
Scott, this is the reply I received from the owner of the so called Company that sold them to me - I had also asked him about the butterfly plate screws:

The plate on assembly after the screws are torqued down, we tap either side of it until it is seated properly. I then take a hammer, and smack the threaded side of the screws to mash the threads. You WILL NOT be able to turn them out, the will just shear off. You may need to readjust the plate by tapping it on a hard surface. It just moves the plate just a little. The wear you see on the valve assembly is normal.

Charles Gerst, President BadlanzHPE,Inc.


With Customer support like this we have no need to fear for what we buy...

YEA RIGHT!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Originally posted by Hemi4ever:
Oh, clean your damn engine bay. I was grinding my teeth wanting to clean. And I have a new end cap and IAT sensor O-ring for you too....
Damn it Scott! You made me spit coke all over my monitor!

ONCE the rains have stopped I'll go back to cleaning it again! LOL
 
1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Top