Hemi Truck Club banner

Texas - Rockwall Dodge

5K views 24 replies 14 participants last post by  Smokin' Joe 
#1 ·
I've bought more than one or two new vehicles in my life but I believe Rockwall Dodge is the best I've ever dealt with. Great staff and good values.

Attachments

See less See more
#14 · (Edited)
Thanks guys! All de-badged, BedRug and Retrax installed the day after I posted this.
Got my front windows tinted today....and the new grill surround in....and the barbedwire pin striping Mary wanted and of course a shorty antenna. I'll try to get a few new pictures up tomorrow. I can't keep up with Dave (Warlord) but he did get a head start. :)
Anyone need a grill surround for an 2011 or 2015 Ram or a Grabber intake? :)

#16 ·
Nice truck Doug. Can't wait to see the pictures with the updates. :bow::thumb:

#18 ·
Another update.....................
Those that were at the Rally may have noticed that I still had paper Dealers tags on my truck. Now for the story....
I called a couple of times in the weeks before the Rally to check on the status of my tags. Finally on Thursday before we left the lady (girl) told me the registration sticker was in. I told h er we were leaving town on vacation and she said she would "overnight" mail it to me. It didn't arrive.
I put a stop on mail delivery for the day we left, Saturday with a resume date the following Saturday.
We got home but no mail had been delivered...Go figure. Anyway, I called the dealership on Monday to find out what had happened. It was supposedly mailed was all I could find out. Several calls later I was told that it must have gotten lost in the mail and that I could come to the dealership and get a replacement o f go to my local license renewal office and get one.
I called the local office and explained my situation and the lady was very helpful and checked the state files to see if she could find anything. She needed the VIN number to run the check. I gave her the VIN off the documentation I was given. She advised that there was no record and that she would check daily to see if it was filed late. Later that afternoon she called me and ask if I could check the VIN on the vehicle because there seemed to be an error.... I went out to the truck and gave the the VIN off the truck. Guess what......the VIN listed on the paperwork and the Dealers Tag was wrong. If I had been stopped in another state I would most likely spent the week end in jail until they could verify the truck wasn't stolen on Monday when state offices opened. I've called the dealership many times trying to get answers. I have left messages for the Sales Manager and the Dealership Manager to call me... As yet no one has bothered.
Good news is that on Tuesday...10 days after it was supposed to have been mailed it arrived. Outside envelope date stamped the 13th. Inside envelope had written "overnight mail" on the outside. Wasn't done....
My opinion of the Dealership has gone off the bottom of the scale. Maybe I'll hear from someone tomorrow.....or not. :(

#19 ·
Stealerships are lazy they do as little for the customer as possible for as long as they can get away with it all they want is your money. I also had a paper temp tag and since I have a vanity plate(that's what LA calls a personalized plate) it was a simple transfer of the registration. I was assured by the stealership that the registration would be mailed to me upon transfer and guess what, it wasn't. I go to the stealership and get the registration and imagine this, NOBODY knows why it wasn't mailed to me as instructed. the words " We got your money" comes to mind.

#20 ·
Hence I own my 2005! No dealers for me. The diesel I let Becca handle she gets it all done free lol. She had the dvd player,dvd tv,radio,fan clutch, O2 harness, center console,rear seat leather cover all done free before warranty at 36,000 went out on the body haha. We got that dealer good. Went to get money for water pump that went out at rally and they said no we have towing should have towed it. I told her drop it then don't need them
Seeing the deletes so soon not worth the $100 I spent in total to fix it. Big thanks to you Doug for driving Becca to the part store.

#23 ·
Follow up: I finally did get a call from the General Manager and an email from the corporate office. They did get my message. The manager was a real nice guy and understood my concern. He apologized and offered me a free oil change, truck cleaning and a new ice chest. He even offered to deliver the ice chest. Said he needs to bring his son down here fishing so it would be "right" on the way...close except we're 10 miles south of town.
Anyway I'm satisfied with the response I received and again the manager was a really nice guy.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.