Hemi Truck Club banner
81 - 100 of 126 Posts

·
Proud Canadian
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #81 ·
Find a cooler that lets you connect it to the engine coolant and trans fluid. The engine will keep the coolant around 170-190 and the cooler/heater will do the same that’s how the factory cooler/heater works also. You can tap the heater core lines easily and run relatively short lines from the trans just mount cooler to frame rail

EXACTLY.
thats what I did, and it does the job perfectly. the marine oil cooler i linked to in the writeup is very compact and very effective. make him use it!!

·
Proud Canadian
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #82 ·

·
Registered
7 Posts
Finally spoke with Russell at sound German my controller has been ordered and will be shipped within the next two weeks. I also spoke with him about a rotary dial shifter that I found at eBay and when he saw the price, he was like well as cheap as that is I would tell you to go ahead and buy it. but let me know if it actually is what the listing shows. I have eBay and PayPal protection so I ordered it, this is what I ordered.
That is the exact one I bought. It is as the listing showed.

·
Mark G Senior Member
03Ram Stock & 05 Ram 5.7 Turbo Charged
2,048 Posts
Unfortunately the controller comes wired for the floor shifter and to change it to fit the rotary shifter that plug cost about 60 bucks... So while I was on eBay I found this....

·
Proud Canadian
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #85 ·
Unfortunately the controller comes wired for the floor shifter and to change it to fit the rotary shifter that plug cost about 60 bucks... So while I was on eBay I found this....

thats just the shifter handle. it is not what you need. get a shifter sent along with your kit from Sound German, it will run you a few hundred bucks.

·
Proud Canadian
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #87 ·
What do you mean that's supposed to be the entire shifter not just the handle.

no. that is just the handle, that is not the complete shifter.

·
Proud Canadian
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #88 ·
this is what the rest of the shifter looks like

Gas Electric blue Machine Auto part Metal

Reactions: bada44

·
Mark G Senior Member
2,048 Posts

·
Proud Canadian
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #90 ·

·
Proud Canadian
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #91 ·
Shifter on eBay

this shifter is what you need, but this doesn't come with a handle. if you are buying the Hurst or Barton handle, you will still need to get the boot. Sound German sells the complete shifters for about 460 I believe.

·
Mark G Senior Member
2,048 Posts

·
Proud Canadian
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #93 ·
This is the same thing for less money?

the part number has been superseded by a newer one but that part number is correct so yes it should be the right one. You will still need a boot and handle though. The aftermarket handles do not come with a boot.

·
Mark G Senior Member
2,048 Posts

·
Proud Canadian
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #95 ·

·
Mark G Senior Member
2,048 Posts

·
Proud Canadian
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #99 ·

·
Mark G Senior Member
2,048 Posts
I have two shifters, starter locator plate, starter, sound German controller, wot box, crankshaft bushing, flex plate, torque converter bolts, need to make transmission mount and get drive shaft.. am I missing anything?

81 - 100 of 126 Posts