Hemi Truck Club banner
421 - 428 of 428 Posts

· Mark G Senior Member
05 Ram 5.7 Turbo Charged
2,194 Posts
Then it’s because you have your rev limiter set lower than the actual shift points. Hence it hits rev limiter and won’t shift because it’s waiting for higher rpm’s
That's what I figured. But I am telling the PCS controller that wot is at 70% throttle on the TPS setting. To me if it is reading the TPS signal for RPM it should tell the transmission to shift if it believes it's in wot. And you have to remember there is no torque management with this controller so I'm trying to figure out a way to pull some power to allow the shifts to be smooth and save the transmission.

· Administrator
18,195 Posts
That would just make WOT kick in with less throttle pedal demand. At wot it will hold till the set shift point so if rev limiter is lower than shift point it will not shift it will just bounce off it.

· Mark G Senior Member
05 Ram 5.7 Turbo Charged
2,194 Posts
That would just make WOT kick in with less throttle pedal demand. At wot it will hold till the set shift point so if rev limiter is lower than shift point it will not shift it will just bounce off it.
So with that being said, how does the transmission know to continue to shift when you're not wot?

· Proud Canadian
361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #424 · (Edited)
So with that being said, how does the transmission know to continue to shift when you're not wot?

dude you're drowning in a glass of water here. don't overcomplicate things. it really sounds to me like you are talking about the pcs software here, but if you're talking about tuning the tcm via hptuners then let me know and I can address some issues in regards to that.

which tune are you talking about dialing in? if in fact you are talking about the pcs software, that isn't how the transmission is tuned. anything with shifting/shift points/speed/pressure/etc, etc, etc, is done with hptuners. if you're messing with the settings in the pcs software, stop. only a couple minor things need to be adjusted in there (rpm pulses and tps min/max) and the rest should be left alone because it doesn't need to be altered, doesn't tune the tcm, and will just create problems where there would otherwise be none.

· Mark G Senior Member
05 Ram 5.7 Turbo Charged
2,194 Posts
dude you're drowning in a glass of water here. don't overcomplicate things. it really sounds to me like you are talking about the pcs software here, but if you're talking about tuning the tcm via hptuners then let me know and I can address some issues in regards to that.

which tune are you talking about dialing in? if in fact you are talking about the pcs software, that isn't how the transmission is tuned. anything with shifting/shift points/speed/pressure/etc, etc, etc, is done with hptuners. if you're messing with the settings in the pcs software, stop. only a couple minor things need to be adjusted in there (rpm pulses and tps min/max) and the rest should be left alone because it doesn't need to be altered, doesn't tune the tcm, and will just create problems where there would otherwise be none.
No that's not it at all the conversation is that the transmission will not shift at wide open throttle unless I lift off the gas pedal.I have a car transmission and I know the shift points are set at 6250 RPMs but I have my rev limiter in my truck set to 5000 RPMs until I get my truck tuned. And I was just wondering why the transmission would not shift at wide open throttle once it hit the rev limiter.

· Proud Canadian
361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #426 ·
No that's not it at all the conversation is that the transmission will not shift at wide open throttle unless I lift off the gas pedal.I have a car transmission and I know the shift points are set at 6250 RPMs but I have my rev limiter in my truck set to 5000 RPMs until I get my truck tuned. And I was just wondering why the transmission would not shift at wide open throttle once it hit the rev limiter.

where is the 6250rpm setting that you are referring to

· Proud Canadian
361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #428 · (Edited)
421 - 428 of 428 Posts