Hemi Truck Club banner
401 - 406 of 406 Posts

· Mark G Senior Member
05 Ram 5.7 Turbo Charged
2,178 Posts
The most expensive part of this swap is the controller and the drive shaft. But if you're going to upgrade your drive shaft then it's just the controller. The flywheel and starter are not that expensive if you use the car transmission.

Reactions: Rays04GTX

· Mark G Senior Member
05 Ram 5.7 Turbo Charged
2,178 Posts
You can't disable the transmission the truck won't start it will be looking for a clutch pedal or something.

· Proud Canadian
346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #405 ·
yes if you select a manual transmission then it will not illuminate the gear display in the cluster. no PRND21 and no boxes, it will be blank. when doing this you will also need to supply a ground to the coil on the ASD relay in the fuse/relay box under the hood in order to defeat the no-start condition set by the pcm. very simple and easy to do. I can post pictures and instructions tomorrow when I get home, let me know if you want me to.

• Helpful
Reactions: arocketman

· Registered
22 Posts
yes if you select a manual transmission then it will not illuminate the gear display in the cluster. no PRND21 and no boxes, it will be blank. when doing this you will also need to supply a ground to the coil on the ASD relay in the fuse/relay box under the hood in order to defeat the no-start condition set by the pcm. very simple and easy to do. I can post pictures and instructions tomorrow when I get home, let me know if you want me to.
yes that’s would be great if you don’t mind.

401 - 406 of 406 Posts