Hemi Truck Club banner
361 - 380 of 406 Posts

· Proud Canadian
346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #361 ·
which wires on the pcs harness are you hooking up for the tps and rpm input, what are the colors

· Mark G Senior Member
05 Ram 5.7 Turbo Charged
2,178 Posts
which wires on the pcs harness are you hooking up for the tps and rpm input, what are the colors
I have the wire labeled RPM from the harness going to the negative side of the fuel injector. I have a wire running from the throttle body plug that is brown and orange stripe I believe is what you said. And I also have the pigtail on my gas pedal. And the pigtail from the gas pedal is the only one that will show voltage. But it's not transferring to the little gauge that shows the pedal being pressed. Obviously this is going to be a simple solution just a matter of chasing down what I did wrong. Either way if we can't figure this out I appreciate everything you have been suggesting. And I will keep trying whatever you suggest as long as you want to keep doing this. I got in touch with Russell today and he told me he would have some time on Friday. I also told him I was working with someone from our forum trying to get it working. Again I can't thank you enough for all your efforts helping me with this.

· Proud Canadian
346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #363 ·
I have the wire labeled RPM from the harness going to the negative side of the fuel injector. I have a wire running from the throttle body plug that is brown and orange stripe I believe is what you said. And I also have the pigtail on my gas pedal. And the pigtail from the gas pedal is the only one that will show voltage. But it's not transferring to the little gauge that shows the pedal being pressed. Obviously this is going to be a simple solution just a matter of chasing down what I did wrong. Either way if we can't figure this out I appreciate everything you have been suggesting. And I will keep trying whatever you suggest as long as you want to keep doing this. I got in touch with Russell today and he told me he would have some time on Friday. I also told him I was working with someone from our forum trying to get it working. Again I can't thank you enough for all your efforts helping me with this.

again, what color are the wires on the pcs harness that you are using? and post a photo of your etc plug and show me which wire you are tapped onto. I'm pretty sure I know your issue.

· Mark G Senior Member
05 Ram 5.7 Turbo Charged
2,178 Posts
again, what color are the wires on the pcs harness that you are using? and post a photo of your etc plug and show me which wire you are tapped onto. I'm pretty sure I know your issue.
Hopefully you can see the colors of the wires

Automotive tire Auto part Cable Electrical wiring Terrestrial plant
Automotive lighting Finger Nail Thumb Wrist
Finger Automotive lighting Thumb Nail Electrical wiring
Finger Collar Thumb Nail Dress shirt

· Proud Canadian
346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #365 ·

first off, throw those tap connectors in the garbage. cut, solder, and heat shrink your connections.

second....dude you're on the negative wire for the throttle body motor.

hook onto the brown wire with the orange stripe. 🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️you are on the tan wire with the orange stripe. this is why I said that it is pin 1 on that plug, that is so you can verify the correct wire.

· Mark G Senior Member
05 Ram 5.7 Turbo Charged
2,178 Posts
Okay I thought the color you just said was correct.. now you have to remember I'm color blind.. and I had someone help me select the correct wire when you said the color.. I cannot tell the difference between the colors of the wires.. I would say LOL but it's not funny.

· Proud Canadian
346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #367 ·
Okay I thought the color you just said was correct.. now you have to remember I'm color blind.. and I had someone help me select the correct wire when you said the color.. I cannot tell the difference between the colors of the wires.. I would say LOL but it's not funny.

I said brown, not tan. verify pin location next time.

Reactions: bada44

· Mark G Senior Member
05 Ram 5.7 Turbo Charged
2,178 Posts
I said brown, not tan. verify pin location next time.
And don't hate my connectors they're only temporary.. as soon as I make sure everything is working I plan on soldering everything.. and to be perfectly honest I thought that the wire I had was pin one I guess I'm going to have to look at it again.. but you're awesome dude you catch all this crap. Thank you once again. I will get this done tomorrow

· Mark G Senior Member
05 Ram 5.7 Turbo Charged
2,178 Posts
In the picture this should be pin 1 tell me if I'm correct.

Gesture Finger Thumb Nail Gas
Rectangle Font Number Screenshot Parallel

· Proud Canadian
346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #370 ·

· Mark G Senior Member
05 Ram 5.7 Turbo Charged
2,178 Posts
yes that is the brown wire with the orange stripe.
Okay we are now showing voltage to the TPS on the monitor, TPS gauge is not responding. And the shifter is still blinking red. And I lost RPM signal.

· Proud Canadian
346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #372 ·
Okay we are now showing voltage to the TPS on the monitor, TPS gauge is not responding. And the shifter is still blinking red. And I lost RPM signal.

then check the connection on your rpm wire, verify that you are in fact on the proper wire, and check your speeds folder and make sure speed 1 is set to 0.5
99% chance it is going to be one of those three things.

· Proud Canadian
346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #373 ·
and set your tps min and tps max values properly.

· Mark G Senior Member
05 Ram 5.7 Turbo Charged
2,178 Posts
then check the connection on your rpm wire, verify that you are in fact on the proper wire, and check your speeds folder and make sure speed 1 is set to 0.5
99% chance it is going to be one of those three things.
Am I on the correct setting there is no way to set it to 0.5

Font Rectangle Parallel Screenshot Software

· Proud Canadian
346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #375 ·

· Mark G Senior Member
05 Ram 5.7 Turbo Charged
2,178 Posts
Harleyc04
Is there any way you can send me a calibration file that I can import?

· Proud Canadian
346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #377 ·

· Proud Canadian
346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #379 · (Edited)
verify that you are on the correct fuel injector wire. you do NOT want to be on the brown wire with the white stripe. you want to be on the OTHER wire to that injector.
verify again that you are on the correct fuel injector wire.
verify the wire a third time.
open a new session
start the truck
connect to the controller
read the cal file
set tps min to 0.45v
press enter
set tps max to 4.5v
press enter
set speed input 1 to 0.5
press enter
save the cal file to your computer
with that cal file open, click write calibration
turn everything off
start the truck again and if this was all done correctly then things should work

· Proud Canadian
346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #380 ·
361 - 380 of 406 Posts