Hemi Truck Club banner
261 - 272 of 272 Posts

·
Mark G Senior Member
05 Ram 5.7 Turbo Charged
2,149 Posts
Mostly the engine.. but I'm sure I can figure out the transmission I have seen enough videos where I feel pretty comfortable that I can help out with it.... As I will be tuning my own transmission when I am up and running.

·
Proud Canadian
284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #262 ·
Mostly the engine.. but I'm sure I can figure out the transmission I have seen enough videos where I feel pretty comfortable that I can help out with it.... As I will be tuning my own transmission when I am up and running.

how deep have you looked into the transmission tuning?

·
Mark G Senior Member
05 Ram 5.7 Turbo Charged
2,149 Posts
I know enough that you make very small changes, and three quarters of the settings you don't even need to touch.. when I actually get up and running and I begin to test and tune I will know what I can change. There is more than enough information out there to help before you do any damage.... I'm a computer guy so looking at this doesn't look Greek to me. It's nothing more than a formula.

·
Proud Canadian
284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #265 ·
I know enough that you make very small changes, and three quarters of the settings you don't even need to touch.. when I actually get up and running and I begin to test and tune I will know what I can change. There is more than enough information out there to help before you do any damage.... I'm a computer guy so looking at this doesn't look Greek to me. It's nothing more than a formula.
the shift points and a few other things are easy to adjust, but venturing beyond that takes some knowledge of the process for this particular transmission, just be cautious!

·
Registered
81 Posts
Hey guys i’m in the middle of the swap right now in my 05 bee. when you grounded ur #4 pin trs sense wire did you just cut it and ground it to the body. also im glad i found this post their have been a lot of helpful information.

·
Mark G Senior Member
05 Ram 5.7 Turbo Charged
2,149 Posts
  • Helpful
Reactions: arocketman

·
Mark G Senior Member
05 Ram 5.7 Turbo Charged
2,149 Posts
Hey guys.....
I want to put the sound German wiring harness and controller inside of the cab of my truck. I would like to go through one of the two holes that are in the firewall, but the locking collar on the plug that goes into the transmission is too big. Does anyone know how to remove that locking collar? I have been looking and playing with it a bit but I don't want to break it. And I really don't want to cut all the wires and solder them back together, would like to avoid doing that..... Have a message out to Russell but no answer yet.

Gesture Finger Toy Automotive tire Thumb

·
Registered
81 Posts
i mounted mine under my passenger seat but i did drill a 2in hole under the seat to run the wires through which turned out awesome cause right underneath where i drilled is the heat shield so the wires lay on top of it and are protected.

·
Mark G Senior Member
05 Ram 5.7 Turbo Charged
2,149 Posts
I was able to get the locking ring off it was so simple but yet difficult to figure out.. LOL and of course now that I have the wires going through the firewall the harness is too short. I guess I have to come up with plan B.

• Wow
Reactions: arocketman
261 - 272 of 272 Posts