Hemi Truck Club banner
241 - 260 of 265 Posts

·
Tyler
624 Posts
did you do what I told you to do in post #186 in this thread?
No dice. I ran a dedicated ground to that circuit and it made no difference. I pop the p0846 pressure switch sense circuit and p0750 LR solenoid circuit codes
The pinout for the 2003 TRS is the same just different colour codes.

·
Proud Canadian
275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #242 · (Edited)
the pcm will think the transmission is always in P/N. the credit goes to charged392 for showing this to me. it works with zero issues, I am not the only one who will attest to this.

·
Proud Canadian
275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #243 · (Edited)
No dice. I ran a dedicated ground to that circuit and it made no difference. I pop the p0846 pressure switch sense circuit and p0750 LR solenoid circuit codes
The pinout for the 2003 TRS is the same just different colour codes.

did you clear the codes before you tried it again? thats a weird situation, grounding that wire should be all you need to do. my PCM threw a ton of codes and still ran the motor with zero issues. wait for @charged392 to chime in.

·
Tyler
624 Posts
did you clear the codes before you tried it again? thats a weird situation, grounding that wire should be all you need to do. my PCM threw a ton of codes and still ran the motor with zero issues. wait for charged392 to chime in.
I took the plunge and just used my hptuners software, I have been avoiding messing with it as I don't want to screw anything up. I have ripped off the tune previously on hptuners so I swapped the diablo back to stock and then used hptuners to just swap the trans to manual and turn off the p0700 ses. It worked and I can now drive it without it killing my throttle. It also turned off those PRNDL lights so it is just dark now.
What I need to figure out now is why it shifts through the gears to 4th so quickly, it will be in 4th by the time I'm doing 30 kph with barely any throttle.

·
Proud Canadian
275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #245 ·
I took the plunge and just used my hptuners software, I have been avoiding messing with it as I don't want to screw anything up. I have ripped off the tune previously on hptuners so I swapped the diablo back to stock and then used hptuners to just swap the trans to manual and turn off the p0700 ses. It worked and I can now drive it without it killing my throttle. It also turned off those PRNDL lights so it is just dark now.
What I need to figure out now is why it shifts through the gears to 4th so quickly, it will be in 4th by the time I'm doing 30 kph with barely any throttle.

has your transmission been tuned?

·
Proud Canadian
275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #246 ·
I can tell you that the reason it is upshifting so quickly is because the shift points are based on output shaft speed. if your transmission came from a car, it has shift points based on a 3.09 axle ratio. you're running 4.56's, so your TCM thinks your vehicle speed is 47.5% higher than it actually is. thats a massive difference.

you don't need so much gear with this transmission. first is completely useless with 4.56's. tuning will take care of your shifting issues and a gear change to 3.55 or 3.92 will give you better performance than 4.56's.

·
Tyler
624 Posts
has your transmission been tuned?
Russell gave me the SRT calibration and said I really didn't need any specific tuning unless I was doing something different than what the calibration was set for, like setting higher shift points and such. I realized that my PCS settings are not correct though, I think I have been so wrapped up in this throttle issue and getting it to actually move that I forgot to set up the rest of the PCS software correctly. Final drive ratio was set for like 2.21...
It's getting late though and I don't want to keep my neighbors up so I will mess with it tomorrow. I have literally just let it sit in my shop for the last month as I have been so busy with work and other people taking holidays, but I think I'm going to take some time off this week to focus on getting this done. It hasn't helped that I mess with it one night, then don't look at it again for a couple weeks and forget where I was with it.

·
Tyler
624 Posts
I can tell you that the reason it is upshifting so quickly is because the shift points are based on output shaft speed. if your transmission came from a car, it has shift points based on a 3.09 axle ratio. you're running 4.56's, so your TCM thinks your vehicle speed is 47.5% higher than it actually is. thats a massive difference.

you don't need so much gear with this transmission. first is completely useless with 4.56's. tuning will take care of your shifting issues and a gear change to 3.55 or 3.92 will give you better performance than 4.56's.
I bought a set of 3:92 to put back in it once I got everything working correctly.

·
Proud Canadian
275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #249 ·
you need to change the shift points in the TCM via HPTuners if you want the transmission to shift the way you want. it's going to shift like crap in D at part throttle with 4.56's and no tuning, there is no getting around that.

·
Tyler
624 Posts
I contacted Russell this morning and left a message. I did get all of the pcs calibrations done correctly now and the transmission itself is not throwing any codes to be concerned about after driving it so I think you are correct and I need to get the tuning handled.

·
Proud Canadian
275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #251 ·
I contacted Russell this morning and left a message. I did get all of the pcs calibrations done correctly now and the transmission itself is not throwing any codes to be concerned about after driving it so I think you are correct and I need to get the tuning handled.

this is why I say tuning is an absolute must, but it is worth it. be sure you get your transmission tuned by someone who knows what they are doing, fine tuning this trans is no beginner task.

·
Proud Canadian
275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #253 ·
Any idea who is a good trans tuner?

I had Satera Tuning do my transmission tune. cost me 350 bucks i think. he's busy as hell so you light have to wait a couple weeks, but he knows his shit and did a great job.

·
Registered
2014 Ram 1500
5 Posts
I had Satera Tuning do my transmission tune. cost me 350 bucks i think. he's busy as hell so you light have to wait a couple weeks, but he knows his shit and did a great job.
Thanks, I'll do some looking. Mine has a Cummins in front of it so would be a bit different tune. I have dicked around with it for a while but need someone who knows what they are doing like you said.

·
Mark G Senior Member
05 Ram 5.7 Turbo Charged
2,141 Posts
There is a tuner in Texas who is very familiar with Dodge stuff.. reckless Motorsports USA, and another guy who is a very good tuner Forza tuning in Tampa Florida. They are both on YouTube.

·
Tyler
624 Posts
I reached out to Satera tuning and just waiting for a reply. I have no shortage of things to clean up in the meantime. I think I need to raise the mounting for the shifter in the console and clean up the wiring for it as well. I also need to wire in the lower power outlet to the console USB hub so I can use it to at least charge my devices.

Reactions: arocketman

·
Tyler
624 Posts
Well I've been driving it for a couple days now and I couldn't be happier with the results so far. I used my Hptuner and switch the pcm to manual trans, set up the park/neutral rev limiter being that the thing always thinks it is in park/neutral it will not let you rev above 3500 if you don't, and made sure the fluid was topped up. This weekend I set out to make the console trim from aluminum and wrap it with vinyl. This was my first attempt at it but I am happy with the results for now, though the vinyl actually didn't match my stock interior, but does match the consoles lid material so it kind of worked out anyways. Next is getting the 3:92 gear set installed.
Car Vehicle Gear shift Motor vehicle Steering part
Car Gear shift Vehicle Automotive design Motor vehicle

·
Mark G Senior Member
05 Ram 5.7 Turbo Charged
2,141 Posts
Let me know if I can help I've been messing around with HP tuners now and I am pretty comfortable with making adjustments..

• Helpful
Reactions: arocketman

·
Proud Canadian
275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #260 ·
Let me know if I can help I've been messing around with HP tuners now and I am pretty comfortable with making adjustments..

for the motor or the transmission?

241 - 260 of 265 Posts