Hemi Truck Club banner
221 - 240 of 406 Posts

· Administrator
18,176 Posts
My charger uses the nag1 and we have torque management turned on but set very firm. On a wot shift the engine barks thru the exhaust like a sudden power derate. You can turn it off if you want to but like stated above just back it down a lot and add the 2 step.

· Proud Canadian
346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #222 ·
My charger uses the nag1 and we have torque management turned on but set very firm. On a wot shift the engine barks thru the exhaust like a sudden power derate. You can turn it off if you want to but like stated above just back it down a lot and add the 2 step.
does your charger use both timing and throttle for torque management or just timing?

· Mark G Senior Member
05 Ram 5.7 Turbo Charged
2,178 Posts
Does anyone know what the oil flow direction is? Out through the bottom port and in on the top or is it the other direction?

· Proud Canadian
346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #225 ·
Does anyone know what the oil flow direction is? Out through the bottom port and in on the top or is it the other direction?
bottom port should be out (oil from the pump) and top in (oil to the oiling system). are you plumbing up a cooler or a bypass filter?

· Mark G Senior Member
05 Ram 5.7 Turbo Charged
2,178 Posts
I have been looking at some of the thermostat that can be plumbed in on the line and they all have flow direction. I was just going to send the oil back through my factory cooler but realizing it would probably never get up to temperature, I should put a thermostat on it but the thermostats I am finding only go to 180°. So for the time being I'm just going to loop it back in.

· Proud Canadian
346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #227 ·
I have been looking at some of the thermostat that can be plumbed in on the line and they all have flow direction. I was just going to send the oil back through my factory cooler but realizing it would probably never get up to temperature, I should put a thermostat on it but the thermostats I am finding only go to 180°. So for the time being I'm just going to loop it back in.
are you talking about the ports on the engine for oil or on the transmission for tranny fluid?

· Proud Canadian
346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #229 ·

· Proud Canadian
346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #230 ·
bottom port should be out (oil from the pump) and top in (oil to the oiling system). are you plumbing up a cooler or a bypass filter?

this was in reference to the engine

· Registered
2014 Ram 1500
5 Posts
I have installed the SGA kit but need to add a wire to pin #3 for sport mode. I can pull a wire from speed output but need to know how the connector comes apart or part # for pins.
Thanks for any help.

· Proud Canadian
346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #233 ·
I have installed the SGA kit but need to add a wire to pin #3 for sport mode. I can pull a wire from speed output but need to know how the connector comes apart or part # for pins.
Thanks for any help.

just go into the digital inputs in the software and invert digital input #2, that will activate sport mode.

· Tyler
566 Posts
I did find my 2 step controller for shifting I had ordered like two years ago. I actually did intend to install it at some point. My problem I currently having is getting tuning done, who did you use to get those codes shut off? I have driven it up through fourth gear until it throws the code for line pressure sensor and kills the throttle. I have been waiting for over a month for a reply on the tuning to shut the code off but have not gotten a reply.

· Proud Canadian
346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #236 ·
I did find my 2 step controller for shifting I had ordered like two years ago. I actually did intend to install it at some point. My problem I currently having is getting tuning done, who did you use to get those codes shut off? I have driven it up through fourth gear until it throws the code for line pressure sensor and kills the throttle. I have been waiting for over a month for a reply on the tuning to shut the code off but have not gotten a reply.

you can shut the codes off with HPTuners but it would be a good idea to find out why you're throwing a code first, and deal with the underlying issue if there is one.

· Tyler
566 Posts
The code is for the line pressure sensor that is no longer there as well as TRS

· Proud Canadian
346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #238 ·

· Proud Canadian
346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #239 ·
The code is for the line pressure sensor that is no longer there as well as TRS

did you do what I told you to do in post #186 in this thread?

· Tyler
566 Posts
I don't understand, what would that do to make it stop looking for the line pressure sensor? If it thinks it is on park or neutral all the time will it just turn that stuff off?

221 - 240 of 406 Posts