Hemi Truck Club banner

1 - 20 of 478 Posts

·
Stu
21,131 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm finally ready. This took me over two years to get all of the parts together. I did alot of research and asked alot of questions. I would like to give a special thanks to the following people: Marty (KRC), Denny (Sharadon Performance), Bob (Moe's Performance), Stu (Inertia Motorsports), Superjay (info and guidance) Bill (his engine build through trials and tribulations). All of these people have provided important info and guidance. Thank you.

Attachments

·
Registered
40,856 Posts
Keep us posted on the progress!

·
Board of Directors (Jay)
43,454 Posts
Hate to ask this question this late in the build, but how many teeth on yer toner ring?

·
Registered
8,558 Posts
Wow! Very Nice!

·
Stu
21,131 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Turbo 390 (5.7) basic spec's.

New 5.7 05 crate motor
Callies 4.050 stroker crankshaft
Callies 6.125 con rods
Diamond 9.5:1 compr. pistons (3.917 stock bore)
Inertia custom ground "Mild" turbo camshaft
6.1 push rods
6.1 oil pump
Stock heads with ports cleaned up and 6.1 exhaust valve springs all around.
60lb injectors
ATI 5% UD super damper
STS turbo set up (max 10psi boost)
T76 turbo
Delta fin aftercooler
Snow performance water/meth

This engine isn't going to be the badest boy on the block. I was looking for more reliable power and to be able to pass a one or maybe two gas stations on the way.
I'm also looking to be post some respectable times in full street trim. Wish me luck. It will be fun.

·
Stu
21,131 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Originally posted by Superjay:
Hate to ask this question this late in the build, but how many teeth on yer toner ring?
31 and one big tooth.
It matches my 03 OEM toner ring. If you see any problem Jay, feel free to speak up.
Thanks Jay.

·
Stu
21,131 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I plan to have 3 stages to this build. I have already checked all measurements and clearances as I recieved the parts. I did find some issues and I will address these as the build goes on. Always double check all measurements and clearances. There is a reason why nuts and bolts have to be torqued. The manufacture figured that out for you so you can put the engine together right the first time. Don,t be afraid to look at the manual or ask questions. I reveiw the manual befor I get started. That way it's fresh in my mind. If you just slap the engine together, your taking a chance on wasting your hard earned money.

Stage 1: Get the engine together and install in truck. Mild tune for break-in only. No boost and no racing until engine break-in is completed.

Stage 2: Install performance trans. (I don't have that yet and won't be able to get it till nexted spring.
) Dyno-tune for 5psi boost.

Stage 3: Install SP2 heads (don't have these also. This mod could take up to two years to happen.) , Mod fuel system also. Dyno-tune for 10 psi boost (for track only).

·
Board of Directors (Jay)
43,454 Posts

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
Originally posted by ROLLING THUNDER:
GREAT

Then you will be the one looking out for the Fiesta
He might be going a different route next time around with a different Festiva. This one will be white with red stripes and I think he intends to spray. Going to make sure I have a trailer to haul him back just in case.

·
Registered
2,370 Posts
wish I had known you did motors... I could of had you done mine...

·
Stu
21,131 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Originally posted by FASTHEMIRAM05:
wish I had known you did motors... I could of had you done mine...
This is my first Hemi stroker.
And the only reason I have a little bit of know how is I broke a piston in my 03 Hemi engine over boosting with no water/meth or aftercooler.
Live and learn. Just the hard way some times.

·
Stu
21,131 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
When you use a stroker rotating assembly. You have to clearance the block or the connecting rod bolts will hit the block. You need .030 to .050 clearance. .050 is the best as per Denny at Sharadon performance. Thanks again Denny.
This is the oil gallery and drain clearanced.

Attachments

·
Stu
21,131 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
The second problem I had was #1,2,7,8 pistons skirts contacted the crankshaft counter weights. To make a long story short, I had to clearance the pistons. Here's #8 piston. You can also see where the piston was clearanced for the reluctor wheel.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 478 Posts