Hemi Truck Club banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
6,381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, here is the Alpine 9885, with Kicker KS 5.25 rears and 6.5 fronts. I forgot to take pics of the rear, but they were just like the fronts without adapters of course.

Attachments

·
Registered
6,381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Well, here is the Alpine 9885, with Kicker KS 5.25 rears and 6.5 fronts. I forgot to take pics of the rear, but they were just like the fronts without adapters of course.

·
Registered
18 Posts
looking good.

·
Registered
6,381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Oh, yeah....I forgot to take pics of those....duh! Hahah....didn't even realize it. I was in a hurry yesterday when I was taking pics. Wife was waiting to go eat so I wasn't focused....lol.

·
Registered
2,077 Posts
nice setup. are you running the speakers off the deck or an amp? I didnt see one in there so I have to guess its off the deck.

·
Registered
6,381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Okay, I added tweeter pics. I forgot those the first time....

·
Registered
6,381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
are you running the speakers off the deck or an amp? I didnt see one in there so I have to guess its off the deck.
Right now I am running them off the deck, which I will say, is PLENTY of power. I only can turn the deck up about 2/3 and it is ear piercing loud. BUT, I do have plans on getting a ZX550.3 amp and running the fronts off it, and then a sub off the Class D part.

·
Registered
2,077 Posts
Originally posted by Graphemi:
are you running the speakers off the deck or an amp? I didnt see one in there so I have to guess its off the deck.
Right now I am running them off the deck, which I will say, is PLENTY of power. I only can turn the deck up about 2/3 and it is ear piercing loud. BUT, I do have plans on getting a ZX550.3 amp and running the fronts off it, and then a sub off the Class D part.
Cool. So if I read the info on the amp correctly you can leave the fronts running 4ohms each and run a sub at 2ohms no problem.

Just have to find a sub and box you like.

·
Registered
6,381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Yeah. I am probably gonna run a DVC 2ohm and wire it to 4ohm. I am gonna use a Kicker Comp VR and a center console sub box like I had in my last truck. But, yeah, the amp will run a 2 or 4 ohm sub stable. From the advice of someone with real knowledge (not me), I decided to go 4 ohm to be easier on the amp. And the dB difference will be minimal.

·
Registered
2,077 Posts
Originally posted by Graphemi:
Yeah. I am probably gonna run a DVC 2ohm and wire it to 4ohm. I am gonna use a Kicker Comp VR and a center console sub box like I had in my last truck. But, yeah, the amp will run a 2 or 4 ohm sub stable. From the advice of someone with real knowledge (not me), I decided to go 4 ohm to be easier on the amp. And the dB difference will be minimal.

4ohms should be fine as long as the sub is matched to the power.

Are you talking about something like a hotbox for the center front seat?

·
Registered
6,381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
The amp I am looking at is over 200watts RMS at 4ohm, and the sub is 400. Should be fine. The last sub I had was the same one and I was running around 300 or so to it but it was 2 ohm. To go up 3dB from 200 watts you have to run 400 watts, so not sure you would even notice the difference without some high tech equipment.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts