Hemi Truck Club banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Stu
21,383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know if you can swap in a 05 Ram steering wheel onto a 03 Ram truck? Will it fit? What mods have to be done? I know someone has done it. Just can't find the post... Thanks.

·
Red Trucker
280 Posts
Yes, yes you can. All you need is a newer wheel and airbag. The newer style cruise switches plug right into the stock spots in the clockspring and work as normal. 04+ airbags are two stage (low & high speed) but the 02-03 is strictly high speed, so all you have to is plug the airbag wire from the clockspring into the black (high speed) plug on the airbag.
Vehicle Car Steering part White Light

I was going to go with a normal 04-08 steering wheel but found out Grant makes an awesome aftermarket one that isn't an arm & leg like the discontinued LX versions. Black plug goes to black plug on airbag. I did this literally like a week or so before the seat and console swap (and lots of other upgrades I did that week) and right about that time I figured out that not only do Durangos use the same wheel, but so do Aspens:
Vehicle Speedometer Motor vehicle Gauge Car

And they have silver switches to match everything else in my interior (door panels, center bezels):
Vehicle Car Motor vehicle Steering part Car seat cover

·
Mark G Senior Member
03Ram Stock & 05 Ram 5.7 Turbo Charged
2,048 Posts
HemiLonestar What is the center console out of in your truck? How can you do an airbag delete? Is it possible to use a steering wheel that has paddle shifters?

·
Red Trucker
280 Posts
HemiLonestar What is the center console out of in your truck?
How can you do an airbag delete?
Is it possible to use a steering wheel that has paddle shifters?
09-12 4th gen with floor shift
Can't answer that for you, plus the answers would probably be different between PCI bus (02-05) and CAN bus (06+)
In a 3rd gen you'd most likely have to go with aftermarket for paddles.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts