Hemi Truck Club banner
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Administrator
18,122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok as some of you know Rolling Thunder is for sale :sad: I drove over to Natahn's house and ot the truck a few weeks ago. i just got it going and it was just a bad battery from sitting so long without running. Anyway weare having a hard time putting a real price to this thing as to not loose as much as possible. We also were tossing the idea around about pulling motor and trans and swapping in a stock motor and trans and selling motor/trans seperate but then I have to find somewhere to put a good motor and trans while we try and sell them. Can anybody think of a price range to try and shoot for? KBB in perfect shape is around $15,500 and I know the motor and trans dont generally mean anything should be higher unless we find the right buyer willing to pay more for it. Someone that has sold a truck or car before please chime in here as i have never actually sold a personal vehicle before. I will also be putting in on the front line lot at work so traffic can see it all day long for more eyes and sale chances.

·
Greg
20,117 Posts
That's a big question for custom builds. I would start with a list of of mods and associated costs. This would be mods that are actually on the truck that will go with the truck when sold. A written history of the truck can be important to add provenance. And of course the quality of the construction is important. And maybe have an insurance appraiser look at it to determine price.
Good luck. .. it's emotionall tough deciding to sell...

·
Ariel
838 Posts
Sad to see the truck go. Keith let me know if it’s decided to sell that motor and trans swapping out with mine. I might be interested if I can swing it.

·
Administrator
18,122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The truck runs and Drives fine now been good for about 5 days now as long as it is driven it doesn’t die. Let it sit for around 25 days and it will be dead to the moon with all the stuff added to it. A price is the hardest part to this as I have a lot of time into it myself and don’t want to put a price on it either.

I imagine he would sell the motor and trans if someone wanted to do a trade/swap type deal since it would likely be a little easier to sell to a larger market without the motor that’s in it.

·
Super Moderator
'05 Boosted 426 & '14 4X4
12,822 Posts
Just to give you an idea...........I'd ask for 25K.
That is what I tell folks when asking about mine. Roughly the cost of the drive train and I'll throw in the truck.

Best offer I've had is 22K. That was when the transmission was fully functional. :ermm:

·
Mark G Senior Member
05 Ram 5.7 Turbo Charged
2,136 Posts
Believe it or not you would probably get more money for that truck if it had a stock engine in it with just some bolt ons. Then I would take it by CarMax let the wholesaler give you a price for it. And then you will really know where you stand price wise... You're going to have to find a cash buyer because the bank value on that is not going to be very much. You can forget what KBB says.. Nathan :cry2:I am sorry to hear you have to sell your baby unfortunately we are all faced with decisions like this...

·
Greg
20,117 Posts
Being another senior member, I dread having to face making the decision to sell. Nathan, I feel your pain in doing this...

·
John
4,232 Posts
Sorry to hear you are having to sell your truck. I know how attached we can be to our girls. I would hate to have to part with my girl. Best of luck in finding the right future owner.

·
Registered
5,565 Posts
After I bought the Mustang, I began toying with the idea of selling the Speed (I should have traded it, but I was too attached). Fast forward 'bout two weeks: Kate's decided to trade the C on something (13 years and 111K). When we bought it in 2006, her second (really close) choice was a RAV 4. The C's size and warp drive won her over by a small margin. Plus, I couldn't even sit in the RAV (knees against the dashboard).

Sooooo, we're going to trade the Mazda and the C on a 2017 or maybe 2018 RAV4. I tried to get her interested in an Eco-Boost Escape, but she wants to get away from premium gas. Tried to generate some interest in a Mazda CX-5, but that fell through.

Whatever we get, it'll be from the folks we've bought so many cars from. They've offered us WAY more than the two vehicles are worth (and won't gouge us on the purchase, either). They offered me almost as much in trade as I was planning to ask for the Speed.

Nathan, I DEFINITELY feel your pain. Friends are hard to lose. Think of it this way: Rolling Thunder will have a new home, your insurance will go down and there will be fewer tags to buy :D

·
Greg
20,117 Posts
Something seen on highly modified/prized vehicles that are for sale (sorta) , have "For Sale" hand painted in script on it's rear window or side glass. Not in big letters or too bold. It is a subtle way of telling folks that it can be bought if the money is right....
Good luck..

Reactions: arocketman

·
Premium Member
9,627 Posts
If I would accept a trade worth about half would the balance be any easier to swing? It would have to be a full size vehicle of some sort so. I could fit into it. Prefer a pickup. Don't need to be quad cab. Does need a/c, a/t, pw, pdl, etc.
:coolsmiley:

·
Registered
2007 rolling thunder dodge
22 Posts
Ok as some of you know Rolling Thunder is for sale :sad: I drove over to Natahn's house and ot the truck a few weeks ago. i just got it going and it was just a bad battery from sitting so long without running. Anyway weare having a hard time putting a real price to this thing as to not loose as much as possible. We also were tossing the idea around about pulling motor and trans and swapping in a stock motor and trans and selling motor/trans seperate but then I have to find somewhere to put a good motor and trans while we try and sell them. Can anybody think of a price range to try and shoot for? KBB in perfect shape is around $15,500 and I know the motor and trans dont generally mean anything should be higher unless we find the right buyer willing to pay more for it. Someone that has sold a truck or car before please chime in here as i have never actually sold a personal vehicle before. I will also be putting in on the front line lot at work so traffic can see it all day long for more eyes and sale chances.
Looking for info on this truck please call 608-669-6699 I believe I now own it !

·
Greg
20,117 Posts
Post a picture of your truck, it is well known..

·
Registered
2007 rolling thunder dodge
22 Posts
Looking for info on this truck please call 608-669-6699 I believe I now own it !

1 - 20 of 44 Posts