Hemi Truck Club banner
161 - 180 of 210 Posts

·
Greg
20,117 Posts
I remember unpasteurized milk being delivered to the door in bottles. But after it became pasteurized I sort of remember mom getting it from a store in the more modern squared hard wax paper containers. It wasn't something I paid any particular attention too. Cold milk was a real treat..

Reactions: arocketman

·
Greg
20,117 Posts
Before that era, you would pull in and an attendant would come out ask how much you wanted. If it was a fill up he would wash your windows and check your oil while it filled.

·
John
4,230 Posts
Before that era, you would pull in and an attendant would come out ask how much you wanted. If it was a fill up he would wash your windows and check your oil while it filled.
I sure remember those days and the low cost of fuel. I could drive my 1963 Chevy Nova up to a pump, while I was about on empty, and $5.00 would fill the fuel tank.

·
Greg
20,117 Posts
Whe I first moved into the area in the 80's there was still a ice plant you could buy blocks of ice. The plant is now gone but on the corner were it was there is now an old independent gas station that still has an attendant that pumps your gas. I don't remember if the station was there when the ice house was there. But it certainly looks old enough to have been. I was just across the street from it this morning at a Fisher auto part store thinking about it.

·
Super Moderator
'05 Boosted 426 & '14 4X4
12,822 Posts
Discussion Starter · #179 ·
In town here there is a station that will pump for you when you drive up.
Cash only !

·
Registered
5,565 Posts
Whe I first moved into the area in the 80's there was still a ice plant you could buy blocks of ice. The plant is now gone but on the corner were it was there is now an old independent gas station that still has an attendant that pumps your gas. I don't remember if the station was there when the ice house was there. But it certainly looks old enough to have been. I was just across the street from it this morning at a Fisher auto part store thinking about it.
We even called ours "The Ice House". Man, that was a loooonnnggg time ago.

161 - 180 of 210 Posts