Hemi Truck Club banner
5101 - 5120 of 5123 Posts

·
Greg
20,114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5,101 ·
depending on how much street driving you plan on doing, if you are thinking more track than street it should work nicely.
Actually thinking more street than track, but considering the willys being relatively light was thinking it might work..

·
Registered
2,962 Posts
Actually thinking more street than track, but considering the willys being relatively light was thinking it might work..
should look to Prefix's single plane , it's shorter than Ritter and the Drag pack , has roughly the same runner volume as the Ritter , doesn't make HP like the others but it's got great street manners for single plan, kind of like the Old Holley Street Dominator intake Vs the Mopar M1 for Big blocks, M1 made some serious HP from 5500+ but the Holley pulled like a dual plane from 3k to 4k and made with in 20 Hp of the M1

·
Greg
20,114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5,103 · (Edited)
Cleaned up the shop and put a sreel top on one of my main work tables.

·
Greg
20,114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5,104 ·
Picture..

Attachments

·
Greg
20,114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5,106 ·
Unfortunately I'm understanding what you are saying. I'm already over flowing into two other carports.. in a orderly manner.. lol

·
Gold-Member
4,176 Posts
Greg, I'm very jealous, I love that new shop of yours. I never got around to building my shop. Too many other things need my money and attention at the moment.

I have been rearranging my 2 car garage to allow me to get the Charger indoors and have a dry cooler place to work on the toys.

Been installing some overhead (hang down from the rafters) cages to put all my storage bins and parts up off the ground. Built a new workbench area and added some new LED lighting. Next I want to epoxy the floor for easy clean up.

No lift, but at least its a start.

·
Greg
20,114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5,108 ·
The new shop makes everything easier for me to get work done. I recommend everyone do their best to have a secure work space to work on their projects. When I worked out of my carport everything was in the open. Now when I need to make a run to town I can just close the doors and go. I'm still going to get a lift, but my money is weak so I'm buying cheaper stuff I need first. Still want to change wheels on the front of red, probably resulting in bolt pattern change. Will know more after I get the front suspension finished on Willy. Using Willy as a learning tool about options that are available..

·
Greg
20,114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5,109 · (Edited)
I'm not driving red on a regular basis and the battery isn't keeping up.ordered a Odyssey Extreme racing battery. Suppose to out perform other batteries. But thats what they all say.... we will see..

·
Greg
20,114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5,110 ·
Next Saturday... TnT day!....

·
Greg
20,114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5,113 ·
Reactions: ric3xrt

·
Registered
2,962 Posts
Tires(M&H) will be here on the 2nd the new Racestars wheels should be here Friday, , .... Looks like the 8th is a better weekend for my , or I might go down to Atco on the 14th thats their opening day. the 04 SLT is the only one somewhat ready , it needs tires, the Good year Eagles that are on it barely get it across the intersection on a damp day. I'm swapping the rear back over to the one that cam with the truck, I built a 9.25 with small brakes for it 3 weeks, back dynoed it with that rear, ran a few "Philly/Mexican" jounts with it I must of done something wrong it ate a few teeth off it the other night., the GTx is still awaiting it's new 426, the 392 is sold, I have to freshen it up. the GTX it's 431 is gathering up parts as we speak.

·
Greg
20,114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5,115 ·
I'm looking at Sunday now myself. My battery crapped out (shame on me) and the new one is scheduled for Saturday. I'm going to keep a charger on it and may go with it on Saturday if it'll hold a charge. My luck is usually pretty good, but I dropped the ball on this one....

·
Mark G Senior Member
05 Ram 5.7 Turbo Charged
2,112 Posts
this reminds me.... I need to plug in my battery tender on my battery.

·
Greg
20,114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5,117 ·
I've neglected this one and now the pay back.. I don't know how cold the shop gets, but I've had a few low teen nights..

·
Greg
20,114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5,118 ·
Unburied ole Red from the back of the shop. Gave it a much needed wash and wax. The old girl cleans up pretty good. Check the fluids, pumped up the tires and took her out for a roll around. Great fun.. need to get a state inspection and she'll be ready to play...

·
Greg
20,114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5,119 ·
Spoke with Martin, my new trans is built, the ultra billet 9" converter is finished and he is about to build the manual valve body. Maybe another two weeks. This is a 1000+hp trans that'll go into redtruck. Red will keep it's current converter and red's trans will go into the willys with the new converter (3200).. it's coming together... slowly..

·
Registered
344 Posts
Hey Redtruck you still around ?
Oldmanram here , waiting on ARP head bolts ..................................................
Gave me time to add a couple of items to my build , billet lifter trays, rocker arm shaft girdles
Just checking on you buddy

5101 - 5120 of 5123 Posts