Hemi Truck Club banner
5081 - 5100 of 5123 Posts

·
Greg
20,114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5,081 ·
Rick, much appreciate the information. I'll contact Ray Meyers to see what he says.
Thanks.

·
Greg
20,114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5,082 ·
Ray Meyers name came up in my contacts when I emailed him. I can't find any old emails but think he ported my OCP manifold some years ago. Believe Joe referred him to me. Small world..

·
Registered
2,962 Posts
Ray Meyers name came up in my contacts when I emailed him. I can't find any old emails but think he ported my OCP manifold some years ago. Believe Joe referred him to me. Small world..
Ray is one of the best when it comes to porting the G3 stuff, Him and Joe do a lot of work together , they were working on a Cross ram style intake like the old Edelbrock STRs a few years back but I have now idea what became of it.

·
Greg
20,114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5,084 ·
Ray was easy to work with and he gave me a good turn around. One of the good guys in my book..

·
Registered
2,962 Posts
Thinking out loud i'm thinking of the new motor going into red running na and red's engine going into Willy. The main issue is Red's combo runs flawlessly. It's truely a sweet setup..

I'd go the other way around, the willy's will be lighter the NA will move it out nicely , put the New engine in Red and freshening up whats in Red now and put it in the Willys.

·
Greg
20,114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5,086 ·
Red's engine is 9:1 making it a good boost engine. The new engine is 10.5:1 with I believe the better heads making it the better na motor. I'm expecting weight to be no more than 3600lbs. I'm not sure what Martin is doing. I was leaning on him trying to get the new vb into production and he has gone silent....

·
Registered
2,962 Posts
it's tough choice , at 3600 Lbs you need roughly 450 Hp to break into the high 11s. if you put Red's current engine in the Willy's it'll go mid 10's on a bad day ,with a good chassis it could go low 10s...then you open up all that Cage and other safety equipment can of worms.
the Plus side is you can do it with less Computer hassles if you want.

Ponder this Willy's + Red's 392/6.4...(you have the pre Eagle 5.7s heads on that engine ?) if so pull the heads drop on a set of stock Eagles to bump up the compression, single plane intake(ritter or prefix) a 950 Holley or a F.A.S.T throttle body and Bingo your in the 450/500hp ball hp park. with the less weight it'll go as fast as Red but less wear and tear on the drive line.

·
Greg
20,114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5,088 ·
Plan to use the Megasquirt and stay fuel injected. The willys is a death trap and needs a cage to go fast. Plan to truckarm the rear and IFS on coilovers. Shorten the wheel base 2 inches..

·
Greg
20,114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5,089 ·
New engine ready to come home..

Attachments

·
Registered
344 Posts
Looks Purdy !! :bow:

·
Registered
2,962 Posts

·
Greg
20,114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5,093 ·
Going to pick it up monday, my engine builder is having seperation anxiety....

·
Greg
20,114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5,095 ·
I'm really looking forward to having it all together. But it's a big project thats going to take some time..

Reactions: ric3xrt

·
Registered
2,962 Posts
Going to pick it up monday, my engine builder is having seperation anxiety....
Not me I can't wait to get them out the door...Need space.

·
Greg
20,114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5,097 ·
Engine is home. Now have to get busy building a new chassis. Red is really running good. I don't see this engine replacing the 5.7/stroker that's in it.

Attachments

·
Greg
20,114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5,099 ·
I'm sorta leaning toward the Holley stteet manifold (sniper)..

·
Registered
2,962 Posts
I'm sorta leaning toward the Holley stteet manifold (sniper)..
depending on how much street driving you plan on doing, if you are thinking more track than street it should work nicely.

5081 - 5100 of 5123 Posts