Hemi Truck Club banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’m in process of replacing my transmission 06 ram(125k). Normally I think it’s good practice to replace any worn things to avoid doing the work twice. However my rear main seal is dry and not leaking at all. I is stock and yes rubber does go bad in time. But should I just leave alone or replace rear main seal? I’m not concerned about the $ but removing this to disrupt the seal along with pan and possible causing a leak . Is it true dealer rear seals are the same brand as felpro??

·
Administrator
17,847 Posts
With the miles of there I would change it. Now you can get just the seal and not the plate. To avoid a leak there you can do just the seal. Make sure you install it dry no oil no lube it’s a Teflon seal and will leak if prelubed. Don’t ask why just trust me been there done that. The seal shouod
Also be installed and left to sit for 12hrsnwithout being started so seal an fit itself to crank

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Got it. Lastly, I read you have to loosen and lower oil pan to remove rear seal/plate? Is that true? Looks like you don’t from what I see.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts