Hemi Truck Club banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello

I have a 05 laramie 4x with 20k miles on it. Looking for best rear diff traction options. Can't find many options for this setup. Is it reasonable to swap a 3/4 ton axle?

Rick

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks

·
Registered
40,856 Posts
Welcome aboard rflier - we're glad you joined us!

·
Board of Directors
25,097 Posts

The Detroit Truetrac is a really good setup. I love it.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ive read a lot about that diff and it may be my best choice. Thanks

·
Board of Directors (Jay)
43,454 Posts

·
WVDan
92 Posts
Hey Guys,

While you are on Rear Axles, I am geting interested in 456 gears for my 04 Laramie but I have to get two sets (4WD) ouch. Currently I run about 1950 RPM at 70 mph with my 392 limited slip rear. Anyone have any ideas what rpm would be at 70 ish mp with 456? I think there is a formula but I can't remember. Thanks !

·
Registered
902 Posts
I had one bookmarked but the link is dead. Found this on HTC and here is a cool one I just found on google.
Your numbers look like what I see but I have 3.55 gears. Your tires must be taller than my stock 17's. If you swap gears, and want to sell your old ones let me know. I was thinking a used 3.92 or 4.11 lsd set might almost be affordable!

·
Board of Directors
25,097 Posts
I believe the easiest way is to divide 4.56 by 3.92 and multiply 1950 by that number. I get about 2268 RPM.

·
WVDan
92 Posts
Thanks I appreciate the research , yeah I have factory 20's so there is the difference for us. I will bookmark you and certainly let you know if I do go for a swap, looks like no less than 650 cause I have to do two diff;s. uggh

1 - 20 of 28 Posts