Hemi Truck Club banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys i own a 2006 dodge ram 2500 with the 5.7 Hemi in it. I use to be a ford guy but after owning this truck i have changed my mind. It has been a very good truck that has needed very little work over the years. Right now it has 358200 miles on it! The engine did still run very strong until recently when It started missing and sending codes p0157 and p0158 and also a misfire in cylinder 8 code. I reset the codes and it read the same again but the misfire changed to cylinder 2. Ive checked the fuel pressure and its 55psi. I also noticed a ticking coming from the bank two side but it was doing that before i had any issues. I have changed the plugs and am in the process of testing all the coils now. Any advice would be much appreciated as i dont want to give up on this old girl yet. Thanks

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Hi guys i own a 2006 dodge ram 2500 with the 5.7 Hemi in it. I use to be a ford guy but after owning this truck i have changed my mind. It has been a very good truck that has needed very little work over the years. Right now it has 358200 miles on it! The engine did still run very strong until recently when It started missing and sending codes p0157 and p0158 and also a misfire in cylinder 8 code. I reset the codes and it read the same again but the misfire changed to cylinder 2. Ive checked the fuel pressure and its 55psi. I also noticed a ticking coming from the bank two side but it was doing that before i had any issues. I have changed the plugs and am in the process of testing all the coils now. Any advice would be much appreciated as i dont want to give up on this old girl yet. Thanks
Also i forgot to mention the LTFT Bank 2 is +14.7 while bank 1 is only +4.

·
Administrator
17,916 Posts
Welcome to HTC!

truck with that many miles on it first thing I would do trim wise is swap out the 02 sensors so your starting woth nice fast reading 02s if they have nor been done yet. Then check your exhaust manifold gaskets as those may have broken bolts on the heads and be leaking (very common).

·
Super Moderator
10,713 Posts
Welcome to our Hemi Family!! (y)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts