Hemi Truck Club banner
1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Super Moderator
10,690 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Support Team,
One of members made this request and we were wondering if it was possible:

Kima see if you, Keith, Bill and the other BOD / HTC Officers can get the Site Administration to post a Running Banner advertising the 2017 National Rally in Pensacola, FL. Certainly this should be possible with today's technology and the new web site. We had a very nice running banner in past years with the old site and format. I would post it at the top of the main community forum page in the white space just after the: Hemi Truck Club wording...it needs to be done as a reminder to the members as well as an alert to first-time site visitors.

Thanks,
Kima

FYI: The rally is June 12-16, 2017 in Pensacola, Florida

·
Registered
13,194 Posts
Thanks Kima :thumb:.

This should be something they :AdminPower: can do and perhaps instruct you or Keith how to do it in the future :dance:.

:D

·
Administrator
259 Posts
Hey,

Yeah, we should be able to do that. Can I get a bit more info on the way you want it to look, what you want it to say, what size you want it, any pictures you want to use, where exactly you want it placed etc.

Niall

·
Registered
13,194 Posts
THANKS Niall this is great news :thumb:. I recall from the old web site over ten years ago we had a scrolling banner which included the event name, dates, location and when you clicked-on the banner it would take you to the 'Main Event Thread' for more specific details. It was shown on the main page and the login post page. It was reasonably large and very eye-catching without being annoying and seemed to attract attention from our faithful old-time members along with the first-timers just curious about the site.
Kima and / or Keith from the BOD should chime in with specifics to help you on design within what you are able to do as an administrator :dance:.

Thanks again for your help. :thumb:

·
Matt
2,658 Posts
Let me know if/when it's up. We'll have to see if my adblocker allows it :thumb:

·
Super Moderator
10,690 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hey,

Yeah, we should be able to do that. Can I get a bit more info on the way you want it to look, what you want it to say, what size you want it, any pictures you want to use, where exactly you want it placed etc.

Niall
I think we are fairly open to design and size (this is truly NOT my area of expertise). The basic information is that it is the "2017 Annual HemiTruckRally, June 12-16, 2017, Pensacola, Florida", family friendly.

Anyone have anything else??

·
Administrator
259 Posts
So is that exactly what the text should read? "2017 Annual HemiTruckRally, June 12-16 2017, Pensacola, Florida, family friendly." Do you want just text or would you like a photo or logo to be added? Where exactly would you like it placed on the home page? Can you post the link to the thread you would like the banner to redirect you to. The more info I can give the dev team, the better it'll look. And I wont have to keep coming back annoying ye with questions :lol:

Niall

·
Administrator
17,884 Posts

·
Registered
13,194 Posts

·
Super Moderator
10,690 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
What Keith said. :D

·
Administrator
259 Posts
Okay cool, almost there. If someone wants to post a pic they like that I can use that'd be great. Also if you can you point out exactly where you would like the banner placed.

Niall

·
Registered
13,194 Posts
Okay cool, almost there. If someone wants to post a pic they like that I can use that'd be great. Also if you can you point out exactly where you would like the banner placed.

Niall
-----------------------------------
That's great news :thumb:. Hopefully Keith can fill in your questions so we can get this banner scrolling :dance:. My suggestion would be to have it available when you click-on both the main HTC page and if you go directly to the post page - where most everyone ends up :D.

·
Super Moderator
10,690 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

Niall
I'm going to punt (bet you guys didn't think I knew what that meant :D) both these questions and issues to Keith.

·
Administrator
17,884 Posts
I don't have any good pictures but the one of the front homepage will work it's has a decent amount of people in it. As for placement anywhere near the top on the homepage and maybe the top just under the header when forum browsing.

·
Administrator
259 Posts
the top just under the header when forum browsing.
@SUPER BEE thanks for the pic :thumb:. @charged392 When you say "under the header when forum browsing" do you mean you want it to show above the post listings on all the forums?

Like in the area I'm pointing to in the attached image?

Niall

Attachments

·
Registered
13,194 Posts
That would probably work...also can you find a place near the top of the Main Page for first-timers that aren't members when they do a search and click-on www.hemitruckclub.com

Maybe a space just above the TOTM Winner Pictures (shift the first one down just a little if possible)...or somewhere.

THANKS

:dance::thumb:

1 - 20 of 58 Posts