Hemi Truck Club banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
636 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So today I painted the Ram letters from my debadging. Just getting some practice with this stuff. i want to try my wheels at some point. It's pretty easy to spray too much of this stuff and have it puddle up. Also, it doesn't stick to the corners very well. The first ones I did came out too dark.

This is the first set. Four light coats of base then some clear. Too dark for my taste.

Then I did these. Two light coats of base. I didn't waste the clear on these. You can see a little bit of puddle on the bottom of the first one.

These are one light coat of base and one slightly heavier. Two light coats of clear and one heavy. I think they turned out the best.

I'll try to get some better pictures in the sunlight tomorrow. They all look a little darker than they actually are in my single light in the garage.

·
Registered
636 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
So today I painted the Ram letters from my debadging. Just getting some practice with this stuff. i want to try my wheels at some point. It's pretty easy to spray too much of this stuff and have it puddle up. Also, it doesn't stick to the corners very well. The first ones I did came out too dark.

This is the first set. Four light coats of base then some clear. Too dark for my taste.

Then I did these. Two light coats of base. I didn't waste the clear on these. You can see a little bit of puddle on the bottom of the first one.

These are one light coat of base and one slightly heavier. Two light coats of clear and one heavy. I think they turned out the best.

I'll try to get some better pictures in the sunlight tomorrow. They all look a little darker than they actually are in my single light in the garage.

·
David
2,229 Posts
Those last 2 def look better. The trick to rattle can paint is taking your time.

·
Registered
636 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah, I rushed the first set. And you can tell. I don't think I'll be using this on my wheels. I had a guy on another forum tell me one of his friends used this on his bumpers, and after about a year they started getting a greenish tint.

·
Registered
1,375 Posts

1 - 6 of 6 Posts