101 - 120 of 140 Posts

·
Gold-Member
4,173 Posts

·
Administrator
17,853 Posts
Discussion Starter · #105 ·
single cab now has a 2wd turbo motor sitting in it. Now to just sneak in here and there and get it wired up and running. I need to swap a 2007pcm into a 2003 truck this ought to be fun to try.

·
Greg
19,961 Posts
I think that it'll be same as the 05 swap.

·
Registered
2,893 Posts
single cab now has a 2wd turbo motor sitting in it. Now to just sneak in here and there and get it wired up and running. I need to swap a 2007pcm into a 2003 truck this ought to be fun to try.
Why the 07 PCM and not an 05?

·
Stu
21,201 Posts
2007 quad cab power wagon single front mount turbo build in progress. we are going to use longtubes into a Y just like my truck. The Y will then turn back to the front of the truck and up next to the motor. turbo will be a single gt45 setup for now which should get the truck to easily over 650+ HP. will be on a 8/15 Psi setup most likely he will leave it on 15 lol. the exhaust is going to possibly be run out the fender like my setup not 100% on that yet as turbo is a little smaller and may sllow a little more play with exhaust routing.

The 2007 pcm is already tuned.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Any updates on this venture. I've used this thread as a guide to how I want to do my 04 QC Ram turbo build. I like the work you've done, and the documentation you've layed out for the community. Once I get started on my setup, I intend to post a build thread as well.

·
Administrator
17,853 Posts
Discussion Starter · #113 ·
This truck unfortunately met with a block wall one night so it’s gone now. But I took all the stuff and swapped it over to a single cab pickup that will be up and going very shortly!

·
Registered
2,893 Posts

·
Administrator
17,853 Posts
Discussion Starter · #117 ·
Oh here’s is another little bit of info. We first tryed to use his 2007 pcm. It wires in the same but the data bus will not communicate with the older 2003-early 6 years. Anyway I have a spare computer for my truck. What I did was converted his tune to a 2005 file on my factory base and loaded it to my backup pcm plugged into my truck. Then took computer and put into his truck plugged in fires right up. My truck still running and tuning on my main pcm. Here is the real funny part my tuner now can tune 2 trucks because it still thinks it’s my truck ahah fooled the diablo. So now it is tunable and pretty close to being ready to hit the track 3/4th next year

·
Greg
19,961 Posts
Nicely done! A bit convoluted but very cool... lol

·
Administrator
17,853 Posts
Discussion Starter · #119 ·
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Twj_PNAUsr0

Was sent this video. Got a call and was told that the truck is way faster than the wagon and can quickly get away from him if not careful. I told him there will be a driving lesson on this truck as to not meet a wall again. We will see in 2 days what the truck has in it at the current setup and tune level.

101 - 120 of 140 Posts