Hemi Truck Club banner

81 - 100 of 140 Posts

·
Greg
19,961 Posts
Will you beable to use anything off the wrecked truck?

·
Administrator
17,853 Posts
Discussion Starter · #82 ·
Everything except one boost pipe is still in working order turbo kit wise thankfully just need a new vehicle to put it all on now! The frame is jacked he literally knocked a wall over!

·
Greg
19,961 Posts
Would be good to figure out what failed.. and how to prevent it from happening again.

·
Stu
21,201 Posts
:eek: I'm glad he's ok. Bummer about the truck. :sad::sad::sad:

He must have really like the turbo setup if he's looking for another truck to go faster.
:thumb::thumb::thumb:

·
Administrator
17,853 Posts
Discussion Starter · #86 ·
Oh he was above the clouds on how it ran he wants another truck and wants me to do it all over again so now to start looking and start over.

·
Greg
19,961 Posts
Can you tell if the engine survived?

·
Gold-Member
4,173 Posts
DANG!!!:eek: :holysheep: Is he really OK? That sounds like he took a very wild ride.

·
Administrator
17,853 Posts
Discussion Starter · #90 ·
He is fine a little sore but working today! He said he swears he said woohoo in the air. It was a wild ride airbags went off on impact from the cases landing then the truck bounced up and took the wall out. Very violent but he is good the winch brace kept the front from really getting destroyed.

Main thing to take from this if it happens to anyone else turn the truck off don’t shift it just shut it off it’s not like the old carburetor days.

·
Greg
19,961 Posts
Broken throttle body blade, anyone care to speculate on how that could happen? Stock or large aftermarketTB's are stout and are not known to be fragile.

Reactions: SUPER BEE

·
Greg
19,961 Posts
What size BOV was being used?

·
Slow Memeber
5,510 Posts
:(:(Dang.. I feel my first instinct would of been to slap it in neutral, but I’m sure it was such a bang bang thing that there wasn’t much time to think an react before **** hit the fan.

·
Administrator
17,853 Posts
Discussion Starter · #94 ·
Jen said he tried for neutral but in a panick forgot to bump the shift instead just tried to stuff it and it’s a push drop setup so you have to let off the push to shift again. The key in a panick is the best thing to do and coast to a stop. Anyway he’s over it on to bigger and better things. He was totally stocked that it was so damn fast for its size just a fluke thing and a panick and it all went wrong. Everyone keep an eye out for a 1500 ram truck 2003-2008 range single or quad for cheap must have a hemi or had a hemi

·
Administrator
17,853 Posts
Discussion Starter · #96 ·
Not sure yet it was dark not really concerned with it till I look at it don’t really much care honestly I had to much time into that to see it that way. It is getting stripped down and made into a buggy with a bed and all the stuff is going onto another truck. 50mm BOV was a real tial not a fake.

·
Greg
19,961 Posts
What spring did the BOV have in it?

·
Administrator
17,853 Posts
Discussion Starter · #98 · (Edited)
the hardest spring that came in the box of the two and it still would crack just barely when reeves and released. Was not BOV related. He said it was like the truck reeves itself up to wot which would happen if throttle broke.I’m not going into it anymore kinda pisses me off it is what it is. Think we have found another truck already still waiting on reply from seller.

81 - 100 of 140 Posts