Hemi Truck Club banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So my truck sat for just a day and when I came out the next day to crank it up it just started to sputter like it was missing or not getting fuel. It finally started to idle correctly. I went to the gas station to fill up and when left it started fine, however I drove a mile or two and stopped at a light and the truck just completly stalled. I put it in park and started it again and it cranked right up. I have no clue where to really start....fuel filter? throttle body? or something worse? Any leads would greatly be appreciated. Thanks.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
So my truck sat for just a day and when I came out the next day to crank it up it just started to sputter like it was missing or not getting fuel. It finally started to idle correctly. I went to the gas station to fill up and when left it started fine, however I drove a mile or two and stopped at a light and the truck just completly stalled. I put it in park and started it again and it cranked right up. I have no clue where to really start....fuel filter? throttle body? or something worse? Any leads would greatly be appreciated. Thanks.

·
Board of Directors
25,097 Posts
Did any trouble codes get set?

·
Greg
19,974 Posts
Yep, codes would really help. I would start with a PCM reboot.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Wish I was a little more mechanically savy but is this something I can do or need to take it to someone with the proper equipment?

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
So I wish I was a little more savy on how this is done but is this something I can so or do you have to have certain equipment to read the codes?

·
Greg
19,974 Posts
Do you know which terminal on your battery is negative? if you do, disconnect the cable. open the door and turn the ignition to the on position and give it a couple of seconds. Turn the ignition off and reconnect the battery. Turn ignition to the on position and count to 10 without pushing the throttle. Turn ignition off and then on and start the engine. Download the service manual and start studying. Good luck..

·
Registered
54 Posts
I've been having a similar issue. Doesn't happen all the time, but its a pain when it does. Fuel pressure is good, throttle body is clean, was told to check my battery posts for excess debris and to look for loose grounds. Hasn't happened again yet, but its got me stymied too.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thats the red one or the black? Lucky for me I do. If I can change the plugs on this damn thing which now I understand why the club has SPARK MASTER tabs then it seems like I can handle that. Thanks for the help.

2004HEMImarine: Yeah it only happens evey now and then and I have not been able to really pinpoint anything in particular like bad fuel. Im going to give this a shot and see what happens. I will keep you updated on how I come out.

·
Stu
21,238 Posts
Sound like the both of you might have a computer ground strap with a little corrosion or maybe loose. Check all of electrical grounding straps and and ground wires. That's how I fixed the same problem on my truck.

·
Registered
54 Posts
I'll have to check that tomorrow. It happened again on me today.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I will have to look into both of these! Thanks.

·
Registered
4,714 Posts
Originally posted by Redtruck-VA:
. Download the service manual and start studying. Good luck..

1 - 13 of 13 Posts