Hemi Truck Club banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Randall
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone got a good recommendation on PCM repair or had one repaired? Bought an 05 Ram manual trans PCM from a member here in the forum a few years back and finally got around to installing it. With my luck it has some sort of issue. It’s not sending the proper signal for the injectors. It basically just floods the cylinders with gas. My tuner traced it back to the PCM. When we put the Automatic PCM back it everything works as it should with the fuel system. Anyone who knows PCM’s knows this is a Unicorn and very rare and hard to find. Thanks in advance

·
Greg
19,974 Posts
Truely it is an expensive unicorn, I'd be careful who you send it to for repair. My choice would be B&G and I would talk to them first. Good luck..

·
Registered
575 Posts
Anyone got a good recommendation on PCM repair or had one repaired? Bought an 05 Ram manual trans PCM from a member here in the forum a few years back and finally got around to installing it. With my luck it has some sort of issue. It’s not sending the proper signal for the injectors. It basically just floods the cylinders with gas. My tuner traced it back to the PCM. When we put the Automatic PCM back it everything works as it should with the fuel system. Anyone who knows PCM’s knows this is a Unicorn and very rare and hard to find. Thanks in advance
Hello gentleman. I am the person that sold you the PCM. When i picked it up from the junkyard i was told it came out of a running truck. They assured me it was good and i drove almost 4 hours to get it. I bought it for myself, to keep as a spare, but then decided to sell it.
We now know the PCM had an issue and i feel partly responsible even though i did not know it had it.
Please contact BG and see what they quote for the repair. I will help you cover the cost.

·
Greg
19,974 Posts
Well done Max!

Reactions: bada44

·
Randall
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Contacted B&G but unfortunately David said they don’t repair them anymore. Researched a different shop and they told me the unit was unrepairable after they replaced a few things within the PCM. I’m not looking for a refund on something I bought almost 2 years ago but thanks for the offer Max. On a good note, I was able to find one on EBay so hopefully this one works. I’ll find out later this week. This is what the PCM repair shop sent me.

Attachments

·
Registered
575 Posts
Contacted B&G but unfortunately David said they don’t repair them anymore. Researched a different shop and they told me the unit was unrepairable after they replaced a few things within the PCM. I’m not looking for a refund on something I bought almost 2 years ago but thanks for the offer Max. On a good note, I was able to find one on EBay so hopefully this one works. I’ll find out later this week. This is what the PCM repair shop sent me.
Pm sent

1 - 10 of 10 Posts