Hemi Truck Club banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
4,307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all, since my accident I've been playing around with paint ideas...One of my favorite white trucks is shiketyshaks.. it's probably why i like Scott's paint job as well. I was thinkin of doin it this way (including bumper cover) or going black up from where the tonneau line is... let me know what you think..

·
Registered
4,307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Hey all, since my accident I've been playing around with paint ideas...One of my favorite white trucks is shiketyshaks.. it's probably why i like Scott's paint job as well. I was thinkin of doin it this way (including bumper cover) or going black up from where the tonneau line is... let me know what you think..

·
Registered
123 Posts
I love that truck. Often times I wish my truck was another color just so I could so some sweet paint like that

·
Registered
123 Posts
Oh yea, forgot to say the other day when we discussed this. You thought of trying this in vinyl first? That way nothings personal and you can go straight back to white, or change up the lines. Vinyl's come a long way, and is relatively cheap, and looks good. The stripes on all the new Challengers are vinyl

·
Registered
3,984 Posts
Maybe even cheaper they have temporary paint that stays on until you use soap and water.

·
Registered
537 Posts
Vinyl is not as cheap as you think. I looked into wrapping my truck. Lets just say I could get it painted for about the same and get all the little scratch's and dings out.

·
Greg
19,974 Posts
This weekend was the first time I had seen wrap up close. One Challenger had 2000+ miles on it and it was flawless. The others were SRT8 Jeeps with mostly hoods done and they were also clean. One with Carbon Fiber wrap looked really good. From what I have read the cost for a full wrap was around $2k.

·
Registered
4,307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
i tried a lil pchop...

·
Registered
537 Posts
Originally posted by Redtruck-VA:
This weekend was the first time I had seen wrap up close. One Challenger had 2000+ miles on it and it was flawless. The others were SRT8 Jeeps with mostly hoods done and they were also clean. One with Carbon Fiber wrap looked really good. From what I have read the cost for a full wrap was around $2k.
I think if you had a car your on target. Probably looking at 2500-3000 for a truck.

·
Registered
3,984 Posts
Originally posted by chefred112:
i tried a lil pchop...

Looks faster like that!

·
Registered
4,307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
someone did a nice one for me...

·
Registered
4,307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
hehe, more input..

·
Registered
4,307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
well dang..went to a shop today and he quoted $6500..i said wha????? i guess im just paintin my fender an bumper i guess..

·
Registered
98 Posts
Derrr??... * counts zeros* are you buying a wrecked Ram of having your painted geeze must be gold in that close to 7k paintjob

·
Registered
297 Posts
Those photochops look awesome. Too bad you cant get it for a little cheaper.

·
Registered
3,984 Posts
Originally posted by chefred112:
someone did a nice one for me...

That's my favorite.

·
Registered
123 Posts
I don't think I like it with the rockers painted too, somethings off. Let me talk to my guy in Roseville and see what he'd charge

1 - 20 of 42 Posts