Hemi Truck Club banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Greg
19,974 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just sitting, having a couple beers thinking about what would make an interesting mod for old Red when a ford commercial comes on the TV showing direct injection. Since we have two spark plugs I couldn't help to wonder what would happen if one of the holes had a direct injector screwed in to it. I'm going with Megasquirt when I get back so what the hell, shouldn't be a problem to rig up the sequential injection timing. Now of course I haven't given this any serious thought, but could be interesting approach to feeding fuel. Strange how the mind wanders when tilting a few....

·
Greg
19,974 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Just sitting, having a couple beers thinking about what would make an interesting mod for old Red when a ford commercial comes on the TV showing direct injection. Since we have two spark plugs I couldn't help to wonder what would happen if one of the holes had a direct injector screwed in to it. I'm going with Megasquirt when I get back so what the hell, shouldn't be a problem to rig up the sequential injection timing. Now of course I haven't given this any serious thought, but could be interesting approach to feeding fuel. Strange how the mind wanders when tilting a few....

·
Administrator
17,884 Posts
That is going to be a very tricky setup all direct injection cars have a pusher pump leading to a cam driven high pressure pump that brings the fuel up to 150-500 psi and the injector squirts very little fuel a second before the piston gets all the way up on compression stroke using far less fuel making a lot more power because its just a mist doesn't have to be sprayed thru valve and come in with air if you could get that to work it would be a huge increase

Only real trick would be finding injectors that would thread into plug holes they are all fairly large and likely wont fit into the hole for the spark plug keep us informed

·
Greg
19,974 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Keith, thanks for the reply, that's more information than I had. I'll have to get some pieces together to see what everything actually looks like.
Thanks,

1 - 4 of 4 Posts