Hemi Truck Club banner

1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Stu
21,131 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Not many people showed up for this Funday Sunday. They posted it just a few days before. Mark (bada44) and I (ghost03hemi) drove our trucks down to do some testing & tuning. The weather was perfect (50 degrees) and the track was prepped well. Very sticky. Mark was tuning his truck with a direct link to Billy. Marks truck is really sounding good. Mark was able to run his truck down the track five times I believe. Marks best time was a [email protected] That's a good run for the first time out tuning at the track. Nicely done Mark. :thumb::thumb: There's no doubt Marks truck will be making faster runs in the future.
Marks truck is currently out running my 05.

Attachments

·
Mark G Senior Member
1,904 Posts
Yes the track was perfect, too bad Stu broke on the very first run... I got in five passes before I call it quits... I ran a Max boost of 10 psi .Best pass was [email protected] and according to the log I didn't start building boost until after the 60ft and even with that I was still able to get a 2.33 60ft with 3.55 gears. For a 5200 pound brick not set up for the track I'm pretty happy!:dance:

·
Stu
21,131 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
That sucks! Feel for you. Been there done that.
This was the rear suspension and axle out of the 03. Had a few tack welds on the leaf spring perches of the axle flip kit. Had no problems with it in the 03. Never suspected it would ever fail in consideration of how sluggish the cam feels at the lower rpm's when accelerating. You see the rust in the break on the 05 rear driveshaft flange. It was cracked already and was doomed to break anyhow. Did have plans in the future for a new stronger driveshaft and weld up the spring perches completely. Will be just doing it now. Feel lucky that it happened at the line. The Trump bucks paid for the tow home. Thanks Mr. Trump. :thumb:

·
Stu
21,131 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ran a Max boost of 10 psi .Best pass was [email protected] and according to the log I didn't start building boost until after the 60ft and even with that I was still able to get a 2.33 60ft with 3.55 gears. For a 5200 pound brick not set up for the track I'm pretty happy!:dance:

4.10 gears and 15psi boost and you'll easily be in the low 12's. Maybe in the high 11's.
Great job Mark. :thumb::thumb::thumb:

·
Greg
19,956 Posts

·
Super Moderator
4,827 Posts
sorry i missed track day had an issue at the house with a clogged drain pipe and a clogged toilet {ended up buying a new toilet and installed it)darn grandkids i suspect dropped something down the toilet.

·
Greg
19,956 Posts
Relearning lessons from the distant past....

·
Mark G Senior Member
1,904 Posts
Guess I will follow you up again, this time we're going for a full Boost 15 psi + Billy has a good handle on the tune! we are messing with the transmission now. I even contacted Clint about giving me a lockout button for torque converter lock up. See if we can get this puppy in the 12.

·
Stu
21,131 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
See if we can get this puppy in the 12.

You should be able to get it there Mark with 15psi boost. :popcorn:
Your not even running lower gear ratio with a stall converter. :eek: :holysheep:
I can bring my slicks and all of the tools for you the next time we run at the track. You'll definitely be in the 12's then.

·
Super Moderator
4,827 Posts
let me know when your going i can try to be there also

·
Super Moderator
4,827 Posts
Sunday funday February 7th

1 - 20 of 61 Posts